98(?) Dekerf Generation 40th B'day build

warpedboy2

Retrobike Rider
My first build thread :D

So my wife got this off Ebay for for my 40th birthday in a couple of weeks (Thanks Warpedwife2 X). The rest of my family are giving me cash for the build, so it will be a really special bike to me when it is finished.

The plan is to strip the frame, and rebuild with canadian parts, and some RC36 EVOs (pro-class of course). M950 for the gears and brakes. Still not sure which hubset, would love a set of canadian hubs but it seem my choices are limited to early Syncros (which are rare as hens teeth)

I am still undecided what to do with the frame, as it has significant paint damage where the previous owner removed a stuck seatpost :( I am liking the idea of a n@ked frame, with clear powdercoat, but I am still unsure of the durability of such a finish due to a lack of primer coat (any input would be appreciated)

Many thanks to Chris for picking it up for me. I get the bike off him in a couple of weeks, so don't know how it rides yet (but I don't think i'll be disappointed :LOL: ) Oh, and Chris took the pics as well :D

Also, i know this is the wrong section, but it will be retro build, and it's only a year out :LOL: (Mods feel free to move this if it offends)

This is the bike in it's current state-

Attachments

• dekerf.jpg
    dekerf.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 1,604
Aside from the obvious paint damage at the top of the seat tube area, how's the rest of it looking?
It's a nice colour and the decals etc look good, on my phone at least!

Like I said, I haven't got the frame in my sticky mits, so not too sure on overall condition. Doesn't look too bad tho.....

I've the same frame, colour might be a tad darker, but that could just be the photo/screen. I think mine is '99, but not certain.
You'll find it a really springy frame, particularly after the Pace. :)

rc200ti":v261b9nh said:
I've the same frame, colour might be a tad darker, but that could just be the photo/screen. I think mine is '99, but not certain.
You'll find it a really springy frame, particularly after the Pace. :)

How spingy are we talking? P7 springy?

40 , perhaps a new calander and some extra fingers to count on would have been better :LOL: , nice present though :D

Back