'92 Marin Eldridge Grade

gradeAfailure

Senior Retro Guru
See, I knew I should've stayed away...! :LOL:

A random impulse eBay bid means that sometime in the next week I have to drive 80 miles to Hertfordshire to go pick this up...

(eBay pic no longer exists)

Just hope it's still useable!

I'll give you 30 for it - instant profit, everyone is happy :)

That is a serious bargain. congratulations!

Well, drove the 2hrs round the M25 (I just love rush hour) after work to go and collect her - and I have to say, she's not in as bad condition as I thought she would be for the money! Flat rear tyre, needs new cables all round, new chain, new grips, possibly new BB, and a good clean and degrease/regrease of the rest. Looks like the ultrasonic bath at work will be getting some use next week... ;)

Back end does look orange due to the flash but I can assure you it's PINK!

Marin.jpg

Marin_rear.jpg

Re: bargain!

Fenton":2xss4s9m said:
that is cool :cool: :cool: :cool: . serious bargain mate, i always wanted one of these.

Same here. very jealous actually. some of the older marins deserve to be showcased more on here.

BITD there were LOADS of the 2 colour Marins on the racing scene; that speaks volumes to me - bullet proof :cool:

Yep Super bargain- think what you'd get if you split it!

I have a set of pink tioga grips for sale (v. good condition) if you fancy think they'd suit perfect- and also a set of pink Tioga NOS toe straps, if you want to go the whole hog!

Awesome..

Really great bike that...

You could double you rmoney on that easy.. :!:

Id give it a right good clean up and use it, though...

Something retro to ride without worrying to much about value ;)

It's actually a little larger than my current daily Explosif (I say daily; I mean, when I can be bothered and it's dry and not too cold and I don't have to ride horses in the evening) so I think it might replace that as my everyday bike. Was planning on SSing the Kona anyway, so...

Thanks to 10mins and a 5mm allen key I no longer have a Marin - I have a frame&forks, some wheels, and a box of bits! SWMBO works at a garage so going to pop over there and use the degreasing bath to clean everything up and get it shiny again. Will get cables, BB, etc ordered at the weekend I think, hopefully have it up and running soon.

Pink grips you say? Hmmm, got any pics? :LOL:

Back