battered old 97 Kona Kilauea

konaben82

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
....so, I saw this on ebay the other week and couldnt help myself, picked it up for £80 (thats including postage) it has seen much better days so it has gone off to the powder coaters...

after looking through the colours they had I have gone and jumped on the kona band wagon and getting it done white.... never had a white bike so I suppose its a bit different for me!!!

build progress will follow

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

and the stickers

IMG_1051.jpg

be nice :LOL:

does look like it's been in the wars a little :D

look great in white, think I would go dark green and gold edge

nice decals let me know how much a set?

Tony

probably several sets got to get some more frames to paint first though, just picked up a purple 92 lava dome but it's too nice to touch. Will be doing a white frame myself along with my 2000 Cinder Cone which will go red and looking for something early 90s to do black. Thanks,I'll be in touch, looking forward to seeing yours done mate ;)

Cool mate, keep an eye on the thread, I probably won't get the frame back for 2 weeks as the powder coat man is busy busy!

konaben82":pj5q9k31 said:
Cool mate, keep an eye on the thread, I probably won't get the frame back for 2 weeks as the powder coat man is busy busy!

Drop me a pm if you want some 97/98 Kona stickers ...I could probably rustle up the older style too if need be :cool:

Cheers for now

will do ;)

my battered Lava dome's on this thread, real battered, but rides and like the way it looks for a work bike.

Tony

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... &start=630

konaben82":1o2vfw9e said:
I love those lava domes! I can knock you up a set of those stickers no problem ;)

I like em all peeling off, it's the 'there's prettier bikes to knick, Londonlook' but deffinately want a few sets fancy doing 'british racing green with gold trim' and 'cream with gold trim' in 1994 style plus others, want something wacky in cheque flag for a Rat type bike I'm doing too. Just need to get some frames together first, keep buying bikes but the paint's too nice to touch like this one below

488189_422382541131275_359095310_n.jpg

Thanks mate

Tony

...so it came back from the powder coaters today.....

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

then I started stickering it up :cool:

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

..now the thing is, I am unsure of what to do with it regarding components, I have a few old bits and bobs (shimano XT M739) and a mint set of 96 P2s..do I keep on the look out for stuff from that era (96/97/9:cool: and probably get it finished by xmas or do I slap my revelations on it and modern stuff to thrash round the woods over the winter....hmmmmmm :LOL:

Back