Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:07 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:09 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:35 pm
Posts: 2784
Nader wrote:
Do you like colour :P

Image

Gruß



White and Black are not colours... they are shades, or absence of colour :wink:

ok, technically, white is the presence of ALL colour in the respect of wavelengths, but the absence of all colour in terms of pigmentation :lol:


G


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:04 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1285
Location: in the harbor
Thank you all for your comments :D

unkleGsif wrote:
.....
White and Black are not colours...

right ...but I find that colors can be terribly distracting in some objects and can take the focus away from your subject.
Taking the color out of object lets the subject speak for themselves.

Its raw, it’s stripped back, it’s honest and it allows you to show the truth.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:40 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 3183
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Nader wrote:
Thank you all for your comments :D

unkleGsif wrote:
.....
White and Black are not colours...

right ...but I find that colors can be terribly distracting in some objects and can take the focus away from your subject.
Taking the color out of object lets the subject speak for themselves.

Its raw, it’s stripped back, it’s honest and it allows you to show the truth.

Image



Totally agree with you Nader,
The bike looks great in its current colour scheme, The Factory paint jobs and those done by Jon R look the mutts Knutz but often become the main attraction.

On a slighty more controversial note,
You take some of the best pictures I've ever seen, certainly on here... but the ones you've recently put forward for P.O.T.M leave me a little cold :oops: and voting for others


Nick


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1285
Location: in the harbor
Retro Spud wrote:
...but the ones you've recently put forward for P.O.T.M leave me a little cold :oops: and voting for others


Nick

nae bother Nick :D (....'m getting better)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 3183
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Nader wrote:
Retro Spud wrote:
...but the ones you've recently put forward for P.O.T.M leave me a little cold :oops: and voting for others


Nick

nae bother Nick :D (....'m getting better)



Nader

Your an enigma to me,
Hafencity if I'm correct is the well heeled part of Hamburg in Northern Germany
"Nader" is a name of middle East origin (Persia ?)
and yet your command and use of English ... and even Scottish humour is very impressive and written in such a way that you obviously have well established connectons with us Brits, and skillfully play with language.

I think I know you well enough to realise that you'll toy with me regarding the comments written above, and I'll still be none the wiser :shock: ... if nothing else I find your posts entertaining and make for compulsive reading :lol:

Gotta say I'm looking forward to your next project and the contoversy / Schadenfreude you so skillfully love to court as this site can sometimes become a little to serious :wink:


B.T.W I too would love to see a picture of this bike after a hard muddy ride, so get up the Tonsheide Forest....
Carls comments about it never getting dirty and avoiding dog poo had me in stitches...


freundlichen Gruben

Nick



PS
I bet you're really a common Brummie called Ralph who lives above a chip shop in Solihull
And the reason the bike never gets dirty is you can't risk taking it out for fear of bumping into Andy (Any123)
who'd take an overly keen interest in the Paint... or Powder coat !!



.
unkleGsif wrote:
White and Black are not colours... they are shades, or absence of colour :wink:

ok, technically, white is the presence of ALL colour in the respect of wavelengths, but the absence of all colour in terms of pigmentation :lol:


G


Ahh a fellow scholar of Additive and Subtractive colours (YMC v RGB)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1285
Location: in the harbor
Retro Spud wrote:
Nader wrote:
Retro Spud wrote:
...but the ones you've recently put forward for P.O.T.M leave me a little cold :oops: and voting for others


Nick

nae bother Nick :D (....'m getting better)



Nader

Your an enigma to me,
Hafencity if I'm correct is the well heeled part of Hamburg in Northern Germany
"Nader" is a name of middle East origin (Persia ?)
and yet your command and use of English ... and even Scottish humour is very impressive and written in such a way that you obviously have well established connectons with us Brits, and skillfully play with language.

I think I know you well enough to realise that you'll toy with me regarding the comments written above, and I'll still be none the wiser :shock: ... if nothing else I find your posts entertaining and make for compulsive reading :lol:

Gotta say I'm looking forward to your next project and the contoversy / Schadenfreude you so skillfully love to court as this site can sometimes become a little to serious :wink:

Persia? ... I love the country of 1001 fairytale :wink:
Because of my job I'm around the globe away on business.. and I love neeps and tatties with glenfiddich whisky! :D

The earth is so small but so beautiful.....

Yes you looking forward to my next build ...it will be Steel.

Retro Spud wrote:
B.T.W I too would love to see a picture of this bike after a hard muddy ride, so get up the Tonsheide Forest....
Carls comments about it never getting dirty and avoiding dog poo had me in stitches...
....

you've my word for it Nick :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:24 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 3183
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Nader wrote:
Because of my job I'm around the globe away on business.. and I love neeps and tatties with glenfiddich whisky! :D

The earth is so small but so beautiful.....

Yes you looking forward to my next build ...it will be Steel.



neeps and tatties !! .... now you're taking the piss, :shock:
I've got Scottish Parents but most Brits who live south of the Scottish boarder will have no idea what the hell you're referring to and will end up Googling it...


I think I'm going to bow out and quit whilst I'm behind ! :lol:


Last edited by Retro Spud on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7054
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
Retro Spud wrote:
Nader wrote:
Because of my job I'm around the globe away on business.. and I love neeps and tatties with glenfiddich whisky! :D

The earth is so small but so beautiful.....

Yes you looking forward to my next build ...it will be Steel.



neeps and tatties !! .... now you're taking the piss,
Most Brits who live south of the Scottish boarder will have no idea what the hell you're referring to and will end up Goggling it...


I think I'm going to quit whilst I'm behind !


I have safely Moored my BANNANA Boat which i sailed in on,

and theres plenty of space next to mine if you wanna Moor yours too my friend.


But be careful, i have just seen a flock of pink pigs flying overhead......

What ever Next. A rider indeed......PMSL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:43 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 3183
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
sinnerman wrote:
Retro Spud wrote:
Nader wrote:
Because of my job I'm around the globe away on business.. and I love neeps and tatties with glenfiddich whisky! :D

The earth is so small but so beautiful.....

Yes you looking forward to my next build ...it will be Steel.



neeps and tatties !! .... now you're taking the piss,
Most Brits who live south of the Scottish boarder will have no idea what the hell you're referring to and will end up Googling it...


I think I'm going to quit whilst I'm behind !


I have safely Moored my BANNANA Boat which i sailed in on,

and theres plenty of space next to mine if you wanna Moor yours too my friend.


But be careful, i have just seen a flock of pink pigs flying overhead......

What ever Next. A rider indeed......PMSL.





Carl

You're spot on I should pull in and moor up ASAP ...as I feel like a mouse who's being played/toy'ed with by a Germanic moggie :lol:


.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:40 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1285
Location: in the harbor
Retro Spud wrote:
...
neeps and tatties !! .... now you're taking the piss,....

Pace Nick ...believe me I'm a snug germanic moggie and just wanted to say I really like neeps and tatties :D

@Carl
you should also take me in your BANANA boat! I gotta even sailing license ...so we are all three to safety :lol:

Now simply relax and give me some hints about my next bike for winter employment :?

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angyalpor, JCAC, kikideparis, Retro Spud, shedobits, toontra and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group