CORRECTED: 1992ish Orange Vitamin T Ti Mountain

peguinpower

Old School Hero
It took two years to find my next baby, but she's here :) I'm not even sure if its a VRC. It could be a 1994 or a 1997. Right now, all I know is that the previous owner says its an Orange Vit T2 Titanium. Its got Chris King goodies (hubs, headset) XTR cranks, XT all around (8 speed) Altek brake levers and what is supposed to be a Marzocchi fork.

I could really use some help IDing the fork. I plan to rebuild the fork immediately.

The frame is in A1 condition. No dings, dents, gouges or chain suck. No even light scratches. Just the usually satin swirls :)

The only thing about it I don't like is that the controls (bar stem) are garbage. The owner said the OG bar carbon disintegrated, and so did the Selle Itatlia Ti saddle (sun dried). The seatpost is a Post Moderne suspension POS.

Here she is.....30 minutes after being bought.

IMG_9496.jpg

IMG_9497.jpg

IMG_9498.jpg

IMG_9499.jpg

IMG_9500.jpg

IMG_9501.jpg

IMG_9495-1.jpg

vit1.jpg

vit2.jpg

Tazio":3imfc6jo said:
Forks are 1998 Z2 Lights.

Thanks. From your lead, I just realized that the fork paint is original.

I need a bit more help from the retro gurus. The bike is confirmed to be an Orange Ti as I checked the serial number. The thing is, the chain stay configuration is not the same as the 1996 Vit T2, anyone know what it is? A different year or model perhaps?

Shame it's polished ...I prefer seeing titanium in it's flat state..nice bike though

sylus":3hivgivv said:
Shame it's polished ...I prefer seeing titanium in it's flat state..nice bike though

the flat look you like is an oxidized finish. very easy and cheap to do.

you can put on an oxidized finish on titanium with an hour long soak in hot water and oxiclean cleanser.

no biggie.

Back