Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:43 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Funkungfusion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:01 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 977
Location: Somerset
Swede wrote:
pascal3 wrote:
Whaouuuu ............. I love the color 8)

Of course, now I have a lot of questions
Can you give me a picture of the front derailleur with fixing the cable, and above all the special stop of the sheath?
Where did you get the stickers Funk?

Thank you in advance for your answers :wink:


The decals came from Gil and I have some for the forks which you can have as my chances of finding a pair of rigid Funk forks are pretty slim!

I was thinking about your frame last night and I think you’re going to struggle to find the three screw in cable stops that are used. As you can see there are two on the seat stay and one is used on the front mech.


Actually, I'll shut up! I've just looked at your photos again and you already have two of the three. I guess you use one as a template and make another?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funkungfusion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:07 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:33 pm
Posts: 188
Location: France
Yes, I have the two screws that are on the strut, for that which is under the bottom bracket is not a problem because it's just a screw with a washer which clamps the cable, by cons I want to see that this is the part that serves as a stop for the screw shaft in the front derailleur.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funkungfusion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:40 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 977
Location: Somerset
pascal3 wrote:
Yes, I have the two screws that are on the strut, for that which is under the bottom bracket is not a problem because it's just a screw with a washer which clamps the cable, by cons I want to see that this is the part that serves as a stop for the screw shaft in the front derailleur.


The front mech uses the same cable stop as on the seat stay. You just remove the clamp from the mech and replace it with the cable stop.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funkungfusion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:09 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:07 pm
Posts: 5753
Location: Portsmouth
Not as neat of course but this will work

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-Steel ... 1e7087eb86

I am going to see about getting some of the correct type ones made tomorrow, if anyone wants some please PM me, cheers, Ash.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funkungfusion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:33 pm
Posts: 188
Location: France
Swede wrote:
pascal3 wrote:
Yes, I have the two screws that are on the strut, for that which is under the bottom bracket is not a problem because it's just a screw with a washer which clamps the cable, by cons I want to see that this is the part that serves as a stop for the screw shaft in the front derailleur.


The front mech uses the same cable stop as on the seat stay. You just remove the clamp from the mech and replace it with the cable stop.


Ok, I understand, but I did both stop serving for the rear derailleur cable, I can not do without either of them, so I'll see if I can find this type of stop in commerce.

Vinevo wrote:
Not as neat of course but this will work

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-Steel ... 1e7087eb86

I am going to see about getting some of the correct type ones made tomorrow, if anyone wants some please PM me, cheers, Ash.


Thank you for the link, it may be a good solution until they find better.

:wink: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funkungfusion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:01 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:07 pm
Posts: 5753
Location: Portsmouth
I dropped one off today to the machinists so hope to get some made up in the near future, Ash.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funkungfusion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:24 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 977
Location: Somerset
After nearly a year of looking a Paul Component Brake Buddy finally landed on my door mat this morning; just got to find another one now :roll: . I've also bought some new(?) tyres. :D :D :D


Attachments:
Paul brake buddy.JPG
Paul brake buddy.JPG [ 148.26 KiB | Viewed 235 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funkungfusion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:55 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:07 pm
Posts: 5753
Location: Portsmouth
Like the barrel adjuster straddle cable mod 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funkungfusion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:45 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 977
Location: Somerset
I thought they was quite interesting also. Check them out http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntercycl ... otostream/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funkungfusion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:14 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Nottingham
Don't quite know how the FUNK I missed this first time round. Love it :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Factory Jackson, Gordie, konaben82, pipmeister, reanimation, Thias and 49 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group