Can you rack a Yeti? - Surly you can ;-)

yeti-man

Senior Retro Guru
Next year I am going on a +/-3500km long bicycle adventure... and to do this in style I just have to go on one of my Yetis. I have choosen the disc FRO http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=156475 . The plan was to use a Cannondale, but I rather choose a rigid 4130 randonneur :). The rack choosen for the job was easy - Surly Racks (Ragley Rack em up from CRC at 60% of the Surlys price)

Only need some rack mounts brazed on the frame and fork.

7733053336_578ea7ff5d_b.jpg

7733052140_24cb12df2e_b.jpg

7733051124_9d8185a199_b.jpg

7733050446_5e82c6aaa4_b.jpg

I have swapped the Answer TaperLite with a early Nitto sweptback handlebars
7733051676_432ba09e12_b.jpg

You're one crazy Viking !

Love or hate what you do to Yeti's, I don't think you can ever be accused of following the masses. . . :D or owning a garage queen.

Big Respect.

KDM":3u7fm1p4 said:
Don't do it!

Get some old man mountain racks as they use the skewers as attachment. Far cheaper than the path your going on http://www.oldmanmountain.com/

Totally lame design if you ask me. So if you have to detach the wheels the racks comes off all dingeling dangling. And more important - they look awful!

Sorry!

may i suggest thumb shifters for the long expedition and peace of mind?

(minimal small moving parts)

Supercool! :cool: Although you should change the name from FRO to FAO (For Adventuring Only)...

That front tyre's looking a bit tight in there, but liking the ballon-tyre look.

beepbeep":282600m4 said:
Supercool! :cool: Although you should change the name from FRO to FAO (For Adventuring Only)...

The more I look at this post, the more I smile..

Its just so wrong, akin to sticking a towing bracket on a Aston Martin DB7... but at the same time its going to be the coolest touring bike ever.

ha det gøy

Retro Spud":3bdmckgs said:
Its just so wrong, akin to sticking a towing bracket on a Aston Martin D7...

Or a hot rod perhaps....? ;) :cool:

Attachments

• caravan.jpg
    caravan.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,376
YAKs had rack mounts fitted as standard so why not?

These are built like tanks anyway - hardly lightweights - will make a great tourer :D

Back