Orange c16r bb

OrangeJase

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all still in the process of refurbing my 97 Slime green C16R,I replaced all the groupset with period STX RC stuff,problem is I seem to have developed a bit of sideways movement in the cranks so I assume the bb is toast and as Im using the bike daily Ill need to have one on hand to change straight away ...so does anyone know what size bb Ill need to get ,I know I could take it out and measure it but would then have to put it back in and use it till the new one arrives,any help much appreciated,cheers

Erm ... feel a bit daft but just had a look and there are loads lol.eg un 155,un126,octalink,have no clue which to get,sorry to be a tit but I am still a ignoramus at this stuff,cheers

I would imagine your looking for square taper.. Just look at the hole in the crank arms.. It should be square... So ignor any octalink, hollow tech etc.

68mm is the width of your bb on the frame.. They only come in two widths so it's 68mm or 73mm. Yours is a 68mm.

It's an orange so it's going to be English thread.

Un followed by number is basically the kit level very rough rule of thumb the higher the number the better the kit level. Bb for some reason didn't get labelled stx, xt, xtr. Unless your being weight picky then don't worry to much about that bit.

The other important bit is the 113mm which is the width of the axel going thru the bottom bracket.

So too recapp you just need to look for a square taper, English thread , 68mm x 113mm

If you look aT this link you will see all the options that can vary size wise and see the one that suits you.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=71369

Back