1988 Fisher Montare Inbound!

r0gue

Old School Hero
My first love! I'm hoping the size is ok. My friend once had a 20" and it was too big for me. This one is billed as a 19". Hoping it isn't actually a 20".

Now to find correct NOS (or close to it) componentry. The only sad thing is the original stem is gone. It was originally a yellow stem. If you have any sweet Shimano M730 series in NOS or close, shoot me a PM. I'm a huntin'

A pic of it!

lframe1711.jpg

I have all your parts deerhead parts along with a XT rm-20 wheelset with six speed 30 T freewheel.
SAM_0535.jpg

Your first love? Don't tell that to your wife/gf!?! :-D

......anyway.....good luck with the build. I have an old Hoo Koo E Koo that I think is from '90.....or maybe even older. Will probably build it up some day....

mkaavin":2hf8onkf said:
Your first love? Don't tell that to your wife/gf!?! :-D

......anyway.....good luck with the build. I have an old Hoo Koo E Koo that I think is from '90.....or maybe even older. Will probably build it up some day....

Lol! She'd be happy if it were my first love and yet NOT my "current obsession". What the heck has happened to me. I am so goofy with this old MTB thing. I just spent the last 2 hours sipping coffee and downloading old MTB catalogs from the RetroBIKE archives. :mrgreen:

Well, if it's any comfort.....you are not alone. I'm spending hours in this forum evey day and even more time serching for more retro stuff on the net.

It becomes and obsession....

....my builds however...?....slow progress. :-D

r0gue":23zj4o6x said:
What the heck has happened to me. I am so goofy with this old MTB thing. I just spent the last 2 hours sipping coffee and downloading old MTB catalogs from the RetroBIKE archives. :mrgreen:

We've all been there! :D :D

Loki":38tfzip5 said:
I have all your parts deerhead parts along with a XT rm-20 wheelset with six speed 30 T freewheel.
SAM_0535.jpg

This should be built with M730. I had a 1987, and the spec is exactly the same.
Good luck finding the 'Bulge' bars!!
Really nice bikes these :cool:

makster":6c2238eq said:
This should be built with M730. I had a 1987, and the spec is exactly the same.
Good luck finding the 'Bulge' bars!!
Really nice bikes these :cool:

Yep! M730 al the way!

Here's my 1987!

GroteFoto-MRPWJQ8U.jpg

Back