chiswickcollectables

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This came today......

.....like this :shock: :facepalm:

DSCN2243.jpg

Luckily after carefully removing the bubblewrap and tape it was ok. Plan is to strip it down and clean and identify what needs doing. The zolatone is surprisingly mostly blemish free and the forks, stem & bars are sratch free and vibrant. The decals are a tad ropey so they might need replacing at some point but other than that it's a beauty. I'm going to upgrade the shifter/levers to a set of XT push/push one's I have spare and I'm also going to replace the grips and those horrible brakes (never liked M550 brakes) but I'm going to keep the rest of the groupo as is.

DSCN2247.jpg

DSCN2248.jpg

Thanks for looking, more updates to come soon :cool:

DSCN2250.jpg

sweet bike - real time warp stuff!

Nice renault 19 too?

I had a 5 GTX once - loved it :cool:

lovely condition. ride it nicely ;)

original grips as well, tend to crack and rip easy.

bright stinking orange always a winner with me.

nice one!

old skool babe":1vpfmvxm said:
Nice Marin.....

But much better 5turbo...
Tungsten Grey the best colour.... Fancy selling it ;)

nevadasmith":1vpfmvxm said:
sweet bike - real time warp stuff!

Nice renault 19 too?

I had a 5 GTX once - loved it :cool:

Well spotted hawkeyes' :shock:

The Turbo is a standard '89 G with 22k on the clock and the R19 is a basic 1.4 jobby with 28k.

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately the grips are funk'd so they will have to be replaced, I like the Ritchey foam ones.. they're readily available but a bit retro(y)

LGF.. pEeHem sent

:shock: I seem to remember us talking about that sort of packing. But lovely bike. E-bay will get you some lovely foam grips cheap.

pm me your address and I'll send you some foamies for Karma...

Renault 5 GTturbo was my first car as a lowly 19 year old... :cool: :cool:

As for the main subject, a mate of mine had a 90 Eldridge BITD, exactly the same as this, and I loved it...

Great score fella... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back