Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:44 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:54 pm 
Retro Guru

24pouces wrote:
Do you'll thread the BB tube for classic cups or will you prefer pressing bearings like your actual FRO frame ?
(I've got bullseye crankset but without bearings. And the bearings for thread cups (around 22mm inner-30 outer) are difficult to be found and a little britle… )

More than likely the BB shell on the old FRO frame will be replaced with a new one, unless underneath those pressed in bearings are the remnants of threads that can be salvaged.

I do have a stock of Bullseye threaded and pressed in style bearings so either way I will be using the old style, crappy Bullseye made bearings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:00 pm 
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner

mkozaczek wrote:
I do have a stock of Bullseye threaded and pressed in style bearings so either way I will be using the old style, crappy Bullseye made bearings.

Could you show me some pictures of the bearings and cups or the measure or the serial number… ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:02 pm 
Retro Guru

24pouces wrote:
mkozaczek wrote:

Could you show me some pictures of the bearings and cups or the measure or the serial number… ?

I can snap some pics of the bearings, but not sure what you mean by "measure" and "serial number"??

Here are some of the pressed in style that I rebuilt earlier this year:

http://www.secondspincycles.com/2012/01/refurbishing-bullseye-crank-bearings.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:15 pm 

by measures (mesure in french :wink: ) I want to know how many millimeters (or inches) for the outer and inner diameter of the bearings.
The serial number : some bearings got a serial number (6016 for exemple) which says how large is the bearings, and its differents diameters.

But, when I see your pictures, it's not industrial bearings but something specific (like the Chris King bearings…)
So, Hard to find ones…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:22 pm 
Retro Guru

24pouces wrote:
by measures (mesure in french :wink: ) I want to know how many millimeters (or inches) for the outer and inner diameter of the bearings.
The serial number : some bearings got a serial number (6016 for exemple) which says how large is the bearings, and its differents diameters.

But, when I see your pictures, it's not industrial bearings but something specific (like the Chris King bearings…)
So, Hard to find ones…

Bullseye cranks used custom made bearings, there are no other bearings (SKF, NTN, etc) that fit the cranks and cab be inserted into a MTB frame.

Bullseye makes new outboard style bearings which can be used to mount the old cranks. I have a couple pairs of those bearings and they appear decent at first blush, it's just that they are new not old,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:34 pm 

mkozaczek wrote:
24pouces wrote:

So, Hard to find ones…

Bullseye cranks used custom made bearings, there are no other bearings (SKF, NTN, etc) that fit the cranks and cab be inserted into a MTB frame.

Bullseye makes new outboard style bearings which can be used to mount the old cranks. I have a couple pairs of those bearings and they appear decent at first blush, it's just that they are new not old,

Yes, I have seen some on ebay. But I don't really want to built them on my C26… :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:38 pm 
Retro Guru

Silverfish wrote:
BTW Martin, you still got that ATAC stem 3DV for sale? Tempted to try it on my ARC instead of the Ringle...

What size do you need?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:11 pm 
Retro Guru

A bearing to support bullseye cranks would need a 34.9mm OD and and a 22mm ID

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:49 pm 
B.o.T.M. Winner / Feature Bike
B.o.T.M. Winner / Feature Bike

mkozaczek wrote:

Should that not be 22.2mm ID as the axle is imperial 7/8". I had to turn an axle down to 22mm so I could use a modern BMX BB with a 22mm ID.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:26 pm 
Retro Guru

pete_mcc wrote:
mkozaczek wrote:

Should that not be 22.2mm ID as the axle is imperial 7/8". I had to turn an axle down to 22mm so I could use a modern BMX BB with a 22mm ID.

Yes, you are correct.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next