My Giant Box One (plus Orange and ProFlex)

First post (2nd technically)!
040.gif

IMG_8795b-smaller.jpg

This is the long suffering main bike, the only bike I ever bought new. Upgrades are:

- Pedals (unsure!)
- Chain tensioner (unsure!)
- Wheels, hand built, Truvative hubs with Vuelta Bomber rims, double butted (DT?) spokes.
- eBay cheap but better rear shock with lockout
- Nice new Continental Vertical 2.3's, these are great!
- Nice new Passport Natigator saddle, also showing a decade's worth of progress.
- LX cranks, unknown Middleburn-like unbranded inner/middle rings, Shimano bigring. ...came off my Pro-Flex.
- Crank Bros seatpost clamp (frame is oval, handy!!! :roll: )

Works out at about 13.5kg.

I also picked up a local Pro-Flex 753, but left it in a hot car - BAD idea!

0proflex.jpg

IMG_8731-25.jpg

IMG_8727-25.jpg

IMG_8722-25.jpg

IMG_8738-25.jpg

Before these I had this, all built from bits in my teens....I had to sell it as it way too big for me, but even so I got like £50 on eBay from memory, and the guy THREW it into the back of his range rover without looking at it while saying he needed a cheap bike to ride to the pub!!! I nearly lost the plot. :evil:

I'll always want another orange (that fitted me) - it also had a purple Hope Ti / Campag front wheel. :(

P1015813-50.jpg

P1015821-50.jpg

P1015820-50.jpg

Lastly I've swapped all the bits off my old bendy steel roadie from onto this frame, now ridable and 10.2kg (HAVE to save 201g somehow!).

IMG_9014-50.jpg

So the Giant is used for mud plugging / mild freeride, and the roadie is used for time trials / training - almost sensible! :D

Hehe, yup - it's me! I've dusted off the bikes again as I'm getting too unfit in my (middle)age! :LOL:

Wish I had one as light as your Trek though! :cool:

Well the saddle bag I normally carry with tools, pump and tube probably weighs at least 2lb! Plus 2 water bottles as well! I've just refreshed nearly all the pictures in my bike thread linked in my signature.

Very nice! I've always liked Pro-Flex bikes, but I've been out of biking for so long that I'm sure there are other things that make more sense for me.

Back