First post (2nd technically)!
This is the long suffering main bike, the only bike I ever bought new. Upgrades are:
- Pedals (unsure!)
- Chain tensioner (unsure!)
- Wheels, hand built, Truvative hubs with Vuelta Bomber rims, double butted (DT?) spokes.
- eBay cheap but better rear shock with lockout
- Nice new Continental Vertical 2.3's, these are great!
- Nice new Passport Natigator saddle, also showing a decade's worth of progress.
- LX cranks, unknown Middleburn-like unbranded inner/middle rings, Shimano bigring. ...came off my Pro-Flex.
- Crank Bros seatpost clamp (frame is oval, handy!!!
Works out at about 13.5kg.
I also picked up a local Pro-Flex 753, but left it in a hot car - BAD idea!
Before these I had this, all built from bits in my teens....I had to sell it as it way too big for me, but even so I got like £50 on eBay from memory, and the guy THREW it into the back of his range rover without looking at it while saying he needed a cheap bike to ride to the pub!!! I nearly lost the plot.
I'll always want another orange (that fitted me) - it also had a purple Hope Ti / Campag front wheel.
Lastly I've swapped all the bits off my old bendy steel roadie from onto this frame, now ridable and 10.2kg (HAVE to save 201g somehow!).
So the Giant is used for mud plugging / mild freeride, and the roadie is used for time trials / training - almost sensible!