1991 Rocky Mountain Titanium

sausagefingers

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm guessing at 1991 judging by the catalogue in the archives but any help with information is greatly appreciated as i know knack all about it :oops:
forgive the crap pic,i'll sort some better ones out when the sun's out
also the manitous are shot.any tips on a rebuild?

DSCN1935.jpg

many thanks

ps it looks far,far better in real life - honest :D

TiBolt

Nice Ti-Bolt, one of the first, needs a load of cash throwing at it, in terms of parts, looks like a Ti post?
They used mainly Syncros parts, all Black Syncros would look stunning and ride even better.

judging by the catalogues i think it's a year or two before the ti bolt which came out in 93??
as far as parts go i think only forks,wheels,ringle seatpost and skeweres it's as it came out the shop with ritchey parts and xt

but i've been known to be wrong on many occasions :D

sausagefingers":taun8i9f said:
like you said put the syncros back on,hopefully nice set of powerlites will turn up - fingers crossed :D

Might be able to help you out ;)

Lovely rocky by the way.

Certainly a Titanium and not a Ti-Bolt (says so on it and it has a wishbone)
as between the year differences, probably just colour and rockshox adjustments tweaks to the geometry (who knows)

This frame been on the forum before, remember the blue brake braces and anodised blue bits.

I wouldn't put powerlites on it, but refurb them forks, they go well.

IT's a 1991 stem so getting a 1991 syncros pos would go nicely

yup,bought it from a forum member's uncle,i think you replied on the original thread.
i'll get the manitous refurbed as the colour is a perfect match for the frame and they are almost mint (apart from collapsed elastomers) but would also like a pair of powerlites and matching seatpost but as i haven't had time to give it a once over yet i'm unsure of the sizes required.
for some reason the decals have fallen off so hopefully gil_m will have some on file but condition wise it really is amazing.it's obviously only had very,very light use and apparently it's been under a blanket in a garage for the last 15 years

If I had any Syncros stuff you could use, I would pass it on. Sadly, I don't. Lovely bike though.

Back