dynatech decade.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i can no longer contain myself.
thanks to futuristicoldman, i am now the owner of a very nice raleigh dynatech with the coveted trimnel fork.
i had it delivered to work to keep it a secret from the wife.
but i will be bringing it home this evening.
since joining retrobike i have seen some bikes which i would really love to own.
1st was the rc100. ( now in storage. )
2nd was the dolomite attitude ( briefly )
3rd was the merlin. ( my daily rider. ) :D
then i saw a bike with the double stem and radical rigid fork.
i now own the frame & fork.
so i feel a bit like an expectant father waiting for his new child to come home.
i will be posting some pics later on, but needless to say the frame and fork are very nice indeed.
and i'm very fortunate the previous owner only wanted the xtr grouppo off it.
just need to work out how to afford some more xtr m900 stuff to adorn this bike.

to be continued..........

Congrats on the frame and forks, they are truly lovely things. I had a pair on my Hei Hei since the mid nineties up to earlier this year.

Now more to the point, and I can see where this thread is going to go, how do you intend to keep this new bike hidden from the wife - all hints and tips greatly received...

The secret is to buy the missus something nice just before new bike/frame arrives !! So budget this in :) :) :)

Plus one":2dx8bm67 said:
The secret is to buy the missus something nice just before new bike/frame arrives !! So budget this in :) :) :)
Packet of Tic Tacs and a copy of Grazia? ;)

Congrats Jeff... glad you got to keep the RC

G

Plus one":ya56ietn said:

A few days before I was due to get my new bike I gave her £50 and bought her new set of oven trays! Non-stick too :D Shes knows I'm up to something!

here she is.
now how do i buy loads m900 stuff.
i'll just have to keep her safe til i can build her.
but i can't justify ripping the merlin apart to get this one running.
i'll just have to be patient.
enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_5044.JPG
    IMG_5044.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,230
  • IMG_5042.JPG
    IMG_5042.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,229
  • IMG_5043.JPG
    IMG_5043.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 1,229
If you are a medium to a large give me a pm I have the shirt to match the frame.

There is a bit of history in my original sale thread.

Back