Cool as....

typhoon

Old School Hero
:cool: I think this is one i will never part with, as IMO it is THE best all-rounder i've ridden, and an absolute classic. It just looks RIGHT...i havnt come across another that does that for me yet; Loads i look at and go, yeah..great looking bike, but this is the one i looked at and said yeah...gotta have this!
Got the original Manitou SX Ti forks, but this gets used all year round so dont wish to trash them, and the Reba's do such a good job.
DSC01811.jpg

DSC01812.jpg
[/img]

I had a brother in, it is a long bikes, it seems to me

Even when he was sympathetic this frame

I agree 100%. Jon White was right. Also, am I imagining it or is more recent Marin frame design approaching this ideal?

;) Totally...put a new alongside the retro, and check out frame angles, triangles etc...sod all difference...this was one design that hit the floor running; Single pivot always the way to go...and built like a truck, but lightweight with it...mine is 27.5 lb's at the minute but i'm happy with that, i know it 'aint gonna break!! :D

I do like the Whyte designed Marin bikes. I had a B17 with the Hope disk conversion back in '97. It was very impressive with gravity assistance but a bit of a lump on climbs. Always fancied a Mount Vision to replace it, but got the Orange instead.

MV

Had one of these in small that I built up with all XTR, Sids and light Carbon stem/bars and post and a set of Rond competition wheels- it built up into a sub 22 pound rocket and was so comfy. I decked it out with Hope discs later and it was pretty swift Downhill too- best Suspension design ever.

Back