1995 Kona Cindercone

Plus one

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hi all

Picked this up a few weeks back.. Usual story don't have room for another bike/build but on seeing the image of the bike with the indignity of sporting an awful out of place fork/stem i was compelled to buy and put right :)

Nothing flash.. Plan is to strip/clean/polish and source bits close to original/period and use..

Got the original manual/hang tag and receipt which is cracking too..

All the parts came off without any problems and no sign of rust anywhere so looks like been indoors all i'ts life..

As i bought it :(

Untitled by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Nice to get these with it

After strip and clean of parts/frame chips primed ready to touch up..

Frame touched up and polished(fairly close match from local car parts shop)

Few more bits

Brand x post with a decal= faux racelight :)

Had these tyres lying doing nowt so on they go..

Have project 2 in minty nick but also have rough one on way which i've decided to have painted bronze with the stem as per original..

Be few weeks till completion hopefully :)

Big thanks to Rojo- stem
Gt steve- ritchey canti
Ackers-Fork/levers
Tizumo- impact headset
Col :)

:LOL: B*gger!

Just realised I seem to have a fork fetish; sorting out the shed so I could rebuild the Mozo's for SWMBO's stumpy and I have 19 complete forks, plus three in bits!

Why? :shock:

Back on topic; parts lined up for your Kona look class, particularly like your 'NOS' seat post... :cool:

We_are_Stevo":qtuswbz5 said:
:LOL: B*gger!

Just realised I seem to have a fork fetish; sorting out the shed so I could rebuild the Mozo's for SWMBO's stumpy and I have 19 complete forks, plus three in bits!

Why? :shock:

Back on topic; parts lined up for your Kona look class, particularly like your 'NOS' seat post... :cool:

Cheers steve.. 19 pairs :shock: :shock: :shock:

Forks like bikes means there is always room for one more ;)

Looks like it's gonna be another spanking build Col. :cool:

You might want to think about that thread title though. :? When I first saw it I was expecting a very small pink thing with stabilisers and a picture of a plastic doll on it. :shock: Hence I didn't even look. :LOL:

firedfromthecircus":18u1wnap said:
Looks like it's gonna be another spanking build Col. :cool:

You might want to think about that thread title though. :? When I first saw it I was expecting a very small pink thing with stabilisers and a picture of a plastic doll on it. :shock: Hence I didn't even look. :LOL:

Cheers mate !! Ha ha Just re-read title .. Can't beat a bit innuendo ;)

Needs decals on the forks at least Col, if not forks and stem.

Where did you get them painted and what is the finish like in the flesh? looks pretty nice in the photos. :cool:
Got some things needing doing myself. ;)

The finish is very nice the photo's don't do it justice ! Couple of teeny blemishes but only if your really really up close.. 9/10 £30 i thought was a good price ?

Hendersons of Edinburgh.. Waited 3 weeks they are mega busy..Worth the wait though..

Decals ?? I thought of thin black outline with fork colour as infill ? Or turquoise outline with fork colour as infill ? Or original ?

Col :)

Back