Mostly Complete - GT Build .......... Done for now

abailcb

Dirt Disciple
First of all .... While I love seeing you guys restore bikes to catalog original perfection, I'm not likely to ever go that route. I'm not a purist or a restoration guy, I'm just here for the simple pleasure of building and biking .....

Anyway, ALU GT that I stripped and polished some time back. I've collected quite a nice 952 build over the years and thought this would be a good place to put it.

The rear dr, brakes and shifters look almost new, but I've been patient and found good deals (took about 3 years to collect it all).

The King headset came very cheap. Fella had knocked out the inner race somehow while trying to remove it from a frame. I spent $1 on new balls and was able to press it back together. Looks and feels perfect.

Not sold on the Kore bits yet. I've got several other options that I may try to post up and get some opinions ....

Attachments

• STA71896s.jpg
    STA71896s.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,085
  • STA71898s.jpg
    STA71898s.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,085
  • STA71899s.jpg
    STA71899s.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,085
Nice bike, I build the same way, I prefer using the best parts available or whatever strikes my fancy rather than being period correect.

Geeez, I really like that, nice work.

Promise to buff up that frame though.
That polished ball burnished look on alloy GT's is a must have :LOL:

Badged as an Aggressor when I bought it. But, the alu aggressors I've seen did not have a replaceable dr hanger. Whatever the case, it is 7000 series alu, so it's not an avalanche.

I will polish it again, but honestly, the flash on my camera totally changes the look of the finish. Next pics will be without flash .....

Thanks for the comments guys ..... I've got a more modern, yellow kore stem and a different post/saddle combo to try out. I'll post pics later.

More modern Kore bits ..... The stem may work for me, but I'm not sure about the beam post and saddle.

Attachments

• STA71913s.jpg
    STA71913s.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 966
  • STA71907s.jpg
    STA71907s.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 966
abailcb":1e7x2aqa said:
Badged as an Aggressor when I bought it. But, the alu aggressors I've seen did not have a replaceable dr hanger. Whatever the case, it is 7000 series alu, so it's not an avalanche.

Oh, yeah, I did notice that with the curved rear top tube cap that it was probably made in Taiwan. I thought it was Pantera actually since one of my earlier riding buddies had one alot like yours but I think the Pantera were 7005 and the olde skool ones have a flat rear top tube cap and no replaceable hanger. Subtle differences, but hey.....

I will polish it again, but honestly, the flash on my camera totally changes the look of the finish. Next pics will be without flash .....

Yes, polish it, you must ...... :cool:
It should be pretty schwanky when completed.

Looking very nice so far that frame has polished up really well.
Wish I had the patient's to do that!

Also what's the other frames lurking in the background!

The frames has got some dents and dings, but a good polish goes a long way.

As for the mess in the background ...... got way too many projects. Most should show up on here eventually. In this pic is a Proflex and a Scott Super Evolution.

Thought it was a Scott super Evo my uncles shop had one till some low life half inched it when the shop got broken into.

As for the odd bump here n there I wouldn't worry as it's a mountain bike so it will have been used as such!

Back