Ammaco Trail Master 26 ?

Heavy

Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The relationship is that both are/were made by Ammaco, in chrome. I realise that your post is over a year old, however, having just got my bike back after an absence of roughly 6 years, I'm feeling magnanimous.

Assuming your Ammaco Trailmaster 26 is exactly the same as mine, then you'll already know it's an all chrome frame. Originally, its front wheel had a quick release lever, as did the seat post. The original pedals were real, proper, "bear traps" which kept feet in place beautifully but, gave good shin scars if you didn't watch what you were doing. The handlebars are very wide, with a slight angle, making them very similar to "cow horns". What else? Mine was bought for me by my Dearest Daddy as a birthday present, in October 1987. This was back when London was owned by the Muddy Fox Courier. The Ammaco Trailmaster was a VERY expensive bicycle in 1987. I won't tell you just how much: You bought yours second hand, so it is spurious information. 26 years of faithful service from a bicycle which, until I loaned it to my husband (who is a complete Spastic on or in vehicles, of any nature) had never had a puncture and, I had been a bicycle courier for a year in Central London before I met him!!
If you need to know stuff you think I may know, ask away.

Back