Dawes Ranger

Konaglider

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I recently acquired this Dawes Ranger with much kind help from RB member 'jitensha' who collected, boxed and posted for me. Thanks.

It's almost all original except for rear tyre (I think front is original), saddle maybe some other bits too. Quite 'ratty' looking but not really abused, right hand side seat-stay is slightly 'bent in'. This may not cause any problems but could be reset.

Most interesting details for me are the quick-release canti-hanger at the rear and the Maillard Helicomatic 5-speed hub (in good working order) which I've not come across before.

I'm looking forward to getting this up and running.

Attachments

• DSCDawes1.JPG
    DSCDawes1.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,206
  • DSCDRanger.JPG
    DSCDRanger.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,206
The frame measures 21'' c-c.

I'll be making a start on this soon. Hoping the BB doesn't put up a struggle!

I'm promising myself this will be the last one....

Beautiful, just bought one of these, same size, same colour.
resurrecting this very old post. Chance to avoid age related memory loss here with a question.

To the O.P What is that front tyre? I can see it's 26 x 2.125.

Or Fingers on buzzers..to anyone else who might know.

I can’t remember off the top of my head, it was the original tyre and had a lovely ‘fat’ profile but was perished. It may still be in the shed but possibly went to the tip .

Konaglider":3ljbrhm3 said:
I can’t remember off the top of my head, it was the original tyre and had a lovely ‘fat’ profile but was perished. It may still be in the shed but possibly went to the tip .

Yeah it looks nice old school. It's difficult to find new skinwall 26ers and the Schwalbe ones annoy me as the text on the side walls is always massive to point of distraction.

423100_D4.jpg

Back