Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:24 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:31 pm 
Retro Guru

StNige wrote:
I have a Kalahari (bought new for £300 in summer 93). It has the Girvin flex-stem and Exage brakes / gear train... totally stock and still on the original tyres.

I always found it to be ok to ride with a nice gear change. Thought about getting rid of it a few times and buying something newer to get back into cycling... or maybe keeping it and adding suspension forks.

If you are bored and have some time on your hands, some photos would be super 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:32 pm 
Retro Guru

beechdaleboy wrote:
i think it takes a 27.0 seatpost

Thanks for that :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:29 pm 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider

widowmaker wrote:
beechdaleboy wrote:

If that is the case, I have a pretty damn good condition (if a little heavy) SR 27.0 seatpost that came out of my 1991 Raleigh Moonshine you can have for postage cost. I would have thought this could have been stock for yours too?

Let me know.

Cheers...Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:37 pm 
Retro Guru

Crantinope wrote:
widowmaker wrote:
beechdaleboy wrote:

If that is the case, I have a pretty damn good condition (if a little heavy) SR 27.0 seatpost that came out of my 1991 Raleigh Moonshine you can have for postage cost. I would have thought this could have been stock for yours too?

Let me know.

Cheers...Nick

PM sent :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:42 pm 

widowmaker wrote:
StNige wrote:
I have a Kalahari (bought new for £300 in summer 93). It has the Girvin flex-stem and Exage brakes / gear train... totally stock and still on the original tyres.

I always found it to be ok to ride with a nice gear change. Thought about getting rid of it a few times and buying something newer to get back into cycling... or maybe keeping it and adding suspension forks.

If you are bored and have some time on your hands, some photos would be super 8)

Yep no problem... I'll get some pics uploaded sometime in the next couple of days

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:45 pm 
Retro Guru

StNige wrote:
widowmaker wrote:
StNige wrote:

Yep no problem... I'll get some pics uploaded sometime in the next couple of days

Thanks chap :D

I have not seen any pictures of one.
I want to keep it looking pretty original with a little splash of modern and a tab of colour :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:20 pm 

widowmaker wrote:
StNige wrote:
widowmaker wrote:
StNige wrote:

Thanks chap :D

I have not seen any pictures of one.
I want to keep it looking pretty original with a little splash of modern and a tab of colour :P

Righto... I understand. I'll take quite a few and close ups for details. If there's any specific parts you want pics / details of please just say

Nige

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:32 pm 
Retro Guru

Just the groupset and overall stance would be super :P

Oh and the forks :wink: 8)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:00 pm 

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but i too have aquired a Raleigh Kalahari. The gears set is an Altus C10 but it is unresponsive and dodgy, is there anything I can do about this?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:18 am 
Devout Dirtbag

Tolt10 wrote:
Sorry to dig up an old topic, but i too have aquired a Raleigh Kalahari. The gears set is an Altus C10 but it is unresponsive and dodgy, is there anything I can do about this?

Could it be the cables? Are the cable outers 'gear cable outers' as opposed to 'brake cable outers'. If you use the wrong ones it can make a huge difference and result in unresponsive spongey gear changes.