So...it's been a while! Cutting a very long story short, big thanks to Max who stepped up and re-created a design (that we didn't go with in the end) and KonaBen who's decals are 98% spot on:
These are much more like it but I've learnt (and one for the geeks!) that it appears there is a very slight varience of decal size per size of frame. That makes a lot of sense. These were based on an 18" frame and mine is 19", they don't quite fit the space left by the removal.
But, after a couple of coats of lacquer you have to look pretty hard to see the slight difference (between new and old lacquer).
She's all cabled up but my final push to complete it last night failed when I realised the chain was fuc
ked. So, new SRAM 8 speed on order; I'm away this weekend, so next weekend and she'll finally be ready to go.
I think she looks the nuts