Orange Prestige Vs Bontrager Race Lite

ratcapa

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Firstly I'd like to thank Carl ;) for his recommendation of graphicshack and secondly to Garry and the team for coming up trumps with the work they've done for me.

Graphicshack are responsible for the finish of both frames, both sets of forks and the stem on the bonty, top work guys, thank you very much :D

Now for the build, I have most bits for these builds but am very busy with work so please be patient.

Here's how they were.

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

And now............. Pics do really not do them justice, especially the Prestige, its so bright!!

IMAG0352.jpg

IMAG0353.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

IMAG0356.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

IMAG0361.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0359.jpg

WOW, very very nice indeed. Especially the Bontrager, that pale grey is the best colour for Bontys in my opinion....
looks like I may be giving the graphics shack chaps a call in the near future!

Thanks guys, the finish is stunning on both bikes, I wish I had a decent camera and knew how to use it.

As for the grey, it took me an age to decide out of grey or black and then even longer to pick the actual shade as all I was going from was a few scans on here and a 20 year old memory. But i reckon its spot on.

The clue is probably in the company name........but .....did they do the decals for you as well ?

Looking for somewhere that wont make a pigs @rse out of my 88 Marin respray.

ooh...and that Bonty is v.cool mate.

Antstark":zbf16atp said:
The clue is probably in the company name........but .....did they do the decals for you as well ?

Looking for somewhere that wont make a pigs @rse out of my 88 Marin respray.

ooh...and that Bonty is v.cool mate.

Thanks Ant, and yes they did the decals. Bonty's are put on after paint and orange have the laquer on top just like they were way back then.

Dont you just love when that moment arrives and you get to see the finished articles.

Im pleased you are pleased mate. Im dying to hear what you think of the Bontrager, after its built and you have done some time on it.

and im looking forward to seeing your spec choices for the builds.

NOW put your stereo equipment to the back of your mind, im looking forward to this........ ;)

Topman.

:cool:

sinnerman":svrkqhl2 said:
Dont you just love when that moment arrives and you get to see the finished articles.

Im pleased you are pleased mate. Im dying to hear what you think of the Bontrager, after its built and you have done some time on it.

NOW put your stereo equipment to the back of your mind, im looking forward to this........ ;)

Topman.

LOL don't worry the stereo is on the backburner Carl and I've just spent the last hour unpacking boxes and bags of goodies for these builds, time is my only enemy now!! Bonty will be mainly sporting Ritchey and Shimano, Prestige will include X-Lite, USE, Pace and more. I've had most of these parts now for over a year!!

I am very excited :p

sinnerman":2ph7reil said:

Topman.

Dude as gay as this may sound, im excited for you.

You have waited long enough.....You deserve it too. You will do a great job as always.

I agree, putting together a long awaited build is about as much excitement as I get as a balding middle aged father!.....good luck, don't rush it, and enjoy the moment!.... :D

Back