Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:03 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:23 pm 
Retro Guru

retrocomeback wrote:
Looks like I'm going to have to buy another full Hope brake set to get the confounded caliper mount I need for this build, I missed out on one last week but another has now come up on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hope-Front-Rear-Disc-Brakes-/180931779118?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2a205fda2e it's going to be a lone 10 days til this ends! :?

SH*T! Already involved in a bidding war, I might actually cry if I can't get this damn mount :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 pm 
Retro Guru

Has anyone out there got a Hope C2 number 4 outer half (or complete) caliper they may be willing to part with please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:37 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

retrocomeback wrote:
Has anyone out there got a Hope C2 number 4 outer half (or complete) caliper they may be willing to part with please?

I'm sure there are others but Dyna-ti and Big eck have a plentiful collection of Hope parts, could be worth a pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:39 pm 
Retro Guru

Thanks Kaiser, I'll drop them a line!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:42 pm 
Retro Guru

Just "logging in" on this thread. Exciting to see how this unfolds.

Can't wait to see the bike finished!

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:57 am 
Retro Guru

Thanks for the interest Mkaavin, hope you're in for the long haul mate, my build appears to be using the two rarest brake parts Hope ever made! Haha! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:26 am 
Retro Guru

Where there's a will, there is a way..... :-) You will be ok, I'm sure.

Things have a way of working out and if a rare part exists I believe that someone on this forum knows.

So, I am really looking forward to see your bike when all things are sorted. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:20 am 
Retro Guru

Ok so yet again I've missed out on acquiring the illusive Hope HBRM165H rear disc mount, due to being at a wedding out in the sticks it meant no 3G for the last 2hrs prior to the ebay auction ending, and surprise surprise I was outbid by a measly fiver! AAAAARRRGGGH!!!! :cry:

I guess now it really is appeal time, with HUGE thanks to dirtydozen I now have multi angle photos of the mount with precise measurements but having tried almost all my local (and not so local) engineering firms I cannot find one that is either prepared to do such a small job or if they do they want silly money for it. Does anyone out there work at a firm who can machine one for me? Please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:44 pm 
Retro Guru

New issue presented itself today, went to fit a standard FSA 1"1/8th Headset and found it to be minutely too small (offers only slight resistance to fit and removal by hand). My first reaction was panic that the head tube was flared but measurements thankfully show this is not the case, then it got me thinking, are frames measurements taken to include the paint thickness? When I had the Spooky soda blasted and powder coated, the inside of the head tube was left bare where once there was the original paint work. Is this predicament remedied by simply giving the inner head tube a lick of paint? All suggestions welcome folks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:27 pm 
Retro Guru

Any thoughts on the above please folks?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next