Zinn Z-Classic - Finished Page 3

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
My recent Zinn eBay purchase arrived this morning. Its my second Zinn (greedy I know!) but it was a bit of a bargain so couldn't resist it! Frame number I think is Z9109 but can't be 100% on that.

The colour is a dark battle ship grey almost and in the eBay listing the decals looked pink but they are in fact a really nice bright red.

Anyway, the bike looks in very good condition, there is a small paint chip on the top tube andI think thats about it.
Everything needs a good clean and apart from new tyres, cables and may be a few other bits I don't think it needs much work.

The groupset is Sachs-Huret Classic 3500. I don't know much about the Sachs components but it looks pretty basic but still good quality.
With a good clean and polish it will all look immaculate - hopefully!

Before I strip it all down I hope to give it a test ride tomorrow and see how she goes but if she's anything like the other one she'll be a beauty.

I'll post some updates once I've started cleaning bits but for now enjoy and if anybody knows much about the Sachs-Huret components let me know.

Drive side shot

Down tube

Chainset

Rear mech
Forks
Stem, handlebar and controls

Here are some pics :) Its still got the original Whiteburner Products bottle cage!

Sturmey Archer cable guides

Top tube

Down tube

Forks and front brakes

Offside

Chain set and front mech

Here are the last few for now...

Rear hub and cassette

Chainset and front mech

Seat tube

Saddle

Rims

Bottom Bracket

Its definitely a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

She's going to look a real beauty when she's finished :)

That is lovely, you could look at the detailing an touches for ages. Is that a carry handle thingy?

It is yes. I've never seen one of them before and I'm not sure how much help it gives you but it's a nice touch.

Don't think it will stay on there mind you :?

STUNNING.

I wish I'd bought it, and at the same time I'm glad I didn't, as it's so perfect I'd be shcmitt scared of doing some damage.

Sachs is (or at least was) good stuff, although not often seen over here, at least not on MTB's and Huret are more associated with road bikes, but two good names that I did not know had an association..... whatever.

You have yourself a real bargain there, well done.

Thanks - I normally kick myself over missing these so I'm glad I went for it.

The components do look in very good nick for the age of them. They've either been really well looked after or it's just very well made. Perhaps a bit of both!

I'll give it a ride tomorrow and see how she runs!

Back