Two from BITD

mechagouki

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just found these pix of some of my old bikes; thought members might be interested in the 'working' builds on a couple of classics.

First up is my 1992 Attitude:
1992attitude.jpg

sadly this is the only pic I have and the Klein's beauty is blocked by a BOTR RM Fusion. The build on this bike was full 7spd XT except the cranks which were DX. Mavic (261 I think, grey ano, eyelets) wheels, Porc on front, Smoke on back (a popular combo amongst my friends), purple Porcipaws, control stix l-bends, my fake Klein seatpost (kalloy with a sticker round it), Purple ti seat binder bolt and cheap purple QR's (hey do you know how much that fuselage cost BITD, I had to cut costs somewhere!), purple Marin cage and a CO2 pump under the downtube, all topped with a grey Flite! Sold this late 1993 and it snapped 6 months later!

Next up is my 1993 (I think) Stumpjumper comp:
stumpjumpercomp.jpg

Full DX build except black XT seatpost and XT hubs, cant remember rims, now impossible to find Halson upside down forks, X-lite 130 gram bars, control stix team issues, Red H20, blue X-lite canti bolts. Dart & Smoke matched set, and of course a Flite saddle, cant remember the manufacturer on the rear booster arch, it was blue ano too. Sold this bike for 200 pounds to buy three-piece GT cranks for the S & M Holmes shown below! Wish I still had this awesome bike (The stumpy, not the BMX)

1994holmes.jpg

Sorry bout the poor pix. scanned from aged prints. Hope these bring you some enjoyment! :D

Can it really be that no-one has any comment on these bikes, I lost sleep over whether to go with a blue or red H20 on the Stumpy, thought I'd finally found a place where my past efforts would be appreciated :?

Nice bikes :cool: , shame you have'nt got a better pic of the Klein, even bigger shame to hear that it snapped :cry:

I like the Stumpy, i'd probably get strung up for saying this but i'm not a fan of those Ringle bottle cages, i know they are highly desireble now but i'm just not into them, if i had to chose though i think you were right to go with a red one on the stumpy though ;) , blue would have looked out of place IMHO.

First time I have viewed this thread chap.

Nice lot, particularly like the Stumpy. A real no frills bike.
I had one BITD, painted up in my old pro circuit colours, and running DX/XT with Pro-Circuit forks (identical to Manitous, just anodized in a colour of choice :cool: )

Beautiful, no bullsh*t bikes the Stumpy's

i love the holmes! :D
im currently sorting out my original 1" dirtbike - nice to see another one of the same generation. it has a real air of the original ride magazine about it - back when it was the size of a newspaper!

ajm":1hdflxfv said:
I like the RM - pity about that garish tin can behind it :D

Great minds and all that..... :D

Love the SJ with inversion forks. I'd forgotten about them, how did that happen?? :?

Reckon they were one of the best bikes the big S ever made, very cool :cool:

You could junk the ringle bottle holder though....never did like them.

Halsons rocked - well i thought so for elastomer forks, but that klein paint scheme will always be on my wish list of ultimate bikes

:roll: (sighs to self) I knew the Fusion would get positive comments - even though it cost approx 10% of what the Klein did.

I actually got the Halson forks as a prize for writing letter of the month in MBUK! I wrote them a letter bemoaning the sudden obsession everyone had with front suspension..........they told me I should try it before I made a judgement. I regularly search eBay for a set of these awesome, super plush forks, did they only make 10 sets or something? :?

God yes!

I remember them being the prize for letter of the month.

Well done chap. (A bit belated. :roll: :D )

Back