Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:50 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 pm 
Section Moderator & South West AEC
Section Moderator & South West AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:33 pm
Posts: 8160
Location: new forest
flinkin blip that's bright! :shock: is that enhanced by photoshop or just with flash?

epic build though

8) :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:15 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 1106
Location: Dorset,UK
Now thats a very nice build there adrian,you gotta be pleased with the outcome of all that work....liking the wheels too...could do with a set of nos ma40's myself :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:36 am 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:34 pm
Posts: 1836
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
What a journey, thanks for the ride along :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:44 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6842
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
It looks so nice, it seems like a shame to make it dirty :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:10 am 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5668
Location: Dorset
Great effort. Looks fantastic now it's all built up.
Muddy pics next please :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:17 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 2679
Location: Norfolkshire
This thread has been so inspirational to how a bike can be saved and brought back to former glory when many would have ignored it and passed it on. Its a very special bike and sad that a some of its history has been lost over the years, but like all things special it will now see many more years and will now re-establish itself once again within the historical timeline of the MTB. Yes it is worthy of placing on a pedastal or becoming a museum piece but thats not how it was ever intended to be.

There is nothing better than to see these great builds getting used and maybe suffering a little abuse in the process.

What a great way to draw a close to 2012, and for me has to be the Bike Of The Year 2012 :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:38 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 3195
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Jussa wrote:

What a great way to draw a close to 2012, and for me has to be the Bike Of The Year 2012 :D



Fully agree Justin,

I'd vote for it.... But sadly it won't happen as it would need to go into decembers BOTM and its not eligible this month... Perhaps BOTM & BOTY winner 2013

Certainly a special bike in its own right, regardless of accolades

Nick


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:40 am 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
Retro Spud wrote:
Jussa wrote:

What a great way to draw a close to 2012, and for me has to be the Bike Of The Year 2012 :D



Fully agree Justin,

I'd vote for it.... But sadly it won't happen as it would need to go into decembers BOTM and its not eligible this month... Perhaps BOTM & BOTY winner 2013

Certainly a special bike in its own right, regardless of accolades

Nick


Total Agreement...... 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:59 pm 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:30 pm
Posts: 3829
Location: Suffolk
sinnerman wrote:
Excellent effort by Kevin to get the correct Tange Prestige Tube too i say. Keeps it authentic.... 8)

Well done mate you saved a Legend. the Futures Bright, the futures ORANGE.

Looking forward to see pics of it in Action, and hearing your thoughts on the ride mate.

Well Done.


Thanks Carl - also for your encouragement (through bumping this thread every now and then!) and for the info that you've provided along the way!

warpedboy2 wrote:
Cor!

Can't wait to see it filthy!

Really enjoyed the whole thread, good effort. THIS is what it is all about.


Thanks for reading the thread - will post up used pics soon (hopefully got Friday off work 8) )

Rick Draper wrote:
Very nice, bet you are pleased with the end result. Nice tyres as well :D


Thanks Rick - thanks for sorting the tyres too! I really rate these as tyres - bags of grip :D


jonnyboy666 wrote:
flinkin blip that's bright! :shock: is that enhanced by photoshop or just with flash?

epic build though

8) :D


That's just the flash - it's bright! But the pearlescent kind of smooths it out - great effect and one I'm glad Kevin remembered and re-produced!

stocko wrote:
Now thats a very nice build there adrian,you gotta be pleased with the outcome of all that work....liking the wheels too...could do with a set of nos ma40's myself :wink:


Thanks Paul - I've pm'd you re were to find a pari of MA40s ;)

Rich wrote:
What a journey, thanks for the ride along :D


8) Thanks for coming!

NeilM wrote:
It looks so nice, it seems like a shame to
make it dirty :wink:


:lol: It's scuffing up the anno on those NOS rims that is a real shame :lol:

makster wrote:
Great effort. Looks fantastic now it's all built up.
Muddy pics next please :D


Thanks makster.

Jussa wrote:
This thread has been so inspirational to how a bike can be saved and brought back to former glory when many would have ignored it and passed it on. Its a very special bike and sad that a some of its history has been lost over the years, but like all things special it will now see many more years and will now re-establish itself once again within the historical timeline of the MTB. Yes it is worthy of placing on a pedastal or becoming a museum piece but thats not how it was ever intended to be.

There is nothing better than to see these great builds getting used and maybe suffering a little abuse in the process.

What a great way to draw a close to 2012, and for me has to be the Bike Of The Year 2012 :D


Thanks Jussa - I think that we will get the full Orange story at some point - we (as in the site) has dug up a lot of info this year.

As for BOTM thanks for the kind words - my record isn't exactly great with that - lots of 'also rans' :lol:

Retro Spud wrote:
Jussa wrote:

What a great way to draw a close to 2012, and for me has to be the Bike Of The Year 2012 :D


Fully agree Justin,

I'd vote for it.... But sadly it won't happen as it would need to go into decembers BOTM and its not eligible this month... Perhaps BOTM & BOTY winner 2013

Certainly a special bike in its own right, regardless of accolades

Nick


Yeah timing was a bit off there - I mean who's interested in YETIs, Kleins and FATs :roll: I'll have to have a word with the management!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:42 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 808
Location: Falkirk
That's a fine looking steed, I'll never get sick of looking at that classic Orange paint scheme. Good job rescuing a classic.

An Orange is definatley on my list of must owns at some point. Need to get a bigger house first though, the current one is rapidly filling up with Raleighs :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chrisv40, jimi911, slimjoe and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group