Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:17 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Posts: 3883
Location: Everywhere & Nowhere
That is just lovely Adrian. You must be grinning like a Chesire cat :)

Worth the wait in my opinion.

Have fun with the build.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:44 pm 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:30 pm
Posts: 3830
Location: Suffolk
Giom6 wrote:
That is just lovely Adrian. You must be grinning like a Chesire cat :)

Worth the wait in my opinion.

Have fun with the build.


Thanks Gio - yes I'm very happy.

stocko wrote:
Very nice Orange there mate....and one that would go well in my collection of oranges :lol:


Your minty clockwork would go well in my collection ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:05 am 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
nevadasmith wrote:
Giom6 wrote:
That is just lovely Adrian. You must be grinning like a Chesire cat :)

Worth the wait in my opinion.

Have fun with the build.


Thanks Gio - yes I'm very happy.

stocko wrote:
Very nice Orange there mate....and one that would go well in my collection of oranges :lol:


Your minty clockwork would go well in my collection ;)


Glad your happy with it mate. 8) That stems looks made to measure too. 8) 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:18 am 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:30 pm
Posts: 3830
Location: Suffolk
sinnerman wrote:
Glad your happy with it mate. 8) That stems looks made to measure too. 8) 8)


Thanks Carl. Kevin thinks the stem is M Steel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:26 am 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
nevadasmith wrote:
sinnerman wrote:
Glad your happy with it mate. 8) That stems looks made to measure too. 8) 8)


Thanks Carl. Kevin thinks the stem is M Steel.


As i said i think the frames a Yates too... 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:50 am 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:34 pm
Posts: 1836
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Very nicely done, great resto all around, your bike is going to look mint when she's all done :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:32 am 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:30 pm
Posts: 3830
Location: Suffolk
sinnerman wrote:
nevadasmith wrote:

As i said i think the frames a Yates too... 8)


Don't think so - Dave Yates took a look and said def not one if his - serial number all wrong.

Kevin confirmed it as one of his made when he worked for donohue - lots of identifiers but mainly the serial number and orange logo embossed on the seat tube - that is a donhue thing. :)

The budding links in the early orange story so far on this site are both Yates built; Tushingham Works Replica and one if the two Yates built Formulas......... but someone will find one!

I wonder what happened to the other Donohue Formula that was on here?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:45 am 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
nevadasmith wrote:
sinnerman wrote:
nevadasmith wrote:

As i said i think the frames a Yates too... 8)


Don't think so - Dave Yates took a look and said def not one if his - serial number all wrong.

Kevin confirmed it as one of his made when he worked for donohue - lots of identifiers but mainly the serial number and orange logo embossed on the seat tube - that is a donhue thing. :)

The budding links in the early orange story so far on this site are both Yates built; Tushingham Works Replica and one if the two Yates built Formulas......... but someone will find one!

I wonder what happened to the other Donohue Formula that was on here?



Ok, It had to be either Yates or Donohue. I am surprised at a couple of things though, the first being frame number records, the last time i spoke to DY they didnt have any records.

But ifs hes physiclly looked at it, thats all the conformation i need.

Looks like my original theory at the beginning was right then, ref this one the yellow frame and the campag equipped version, all being Donohue.

Did you ask the Obvious question, did they ever work at TWG....? Im still intrigued.

8) .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:52 am 
eBay Outing Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:53 pm
Posts: 8000
My monies still on nevada chuckling like a man possesed with the bubble wrap


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:09 am 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
sylus wrote:
My monies still on nevada chuckling like a man possesed with the bubble wrap


I bet today is bike building day.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 28  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2wheels4ever, pipmeister and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group