Brettimus's 1996 Orange P7

brettimus

Retro Newbie
New to the forums but after reading things on here for the last couple of weeks decided I might as well get involved and get myself a project bike!

Not am I only new to the forums I am also new to building up bikes, other than the maintenance one does as a child and what you pick up from watching Dad work on bikes I don't know much so any advice on things is very appreciated :)

So here is my new buy not really sure if it was a good deal or not but I guess this is the way things are!

So what do I have from what I gather from the serial number on the bottom its a June 1996 Orange. What type though I'm not 100% sure of these things but is it good if a magnet sticks? Maybe?

Anyway so alot of work ahead of me on this one I believe and only free time in the weekends.

First plan of attack for it is to replace a bent steerer on the RC36 forks and obtain a new headset for it. Looks like I have a bit of research ahead of me on how to do this. :)

Attachments

• 20120618_211949 (Medium).jpg
    20120618_211949 (Medium).jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 657
  • 20120618_212508 (Medium).jpg
    20120618_212508 (Medium).jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 657
Are the bottle bosses a diamond shape? Also my eyes are as dodgy as your camera :LOL:

Is it a silver matt paint or as it looks like a shiny almost chrome type of finish

Yes sir the bottle mounts are diamonds, and it's a shiney silver, camera phone snaps don't do it any justice!

Saw this on ebay, you bought yourself a P7. You'll love it :D

It looks to me in the second pic that the fork crown is twisted, or is it a trick of the light?

I think it's just some camera magic :D

Actually it probably has to do with the steerer tube being bent and that there is no headset in there. Just sitting the forks in place so I don't get the carpet all dirty with grease.

Pretty stoked with what I have was pretty excited when it arrived last night.

Thats a sweet ride, whilst i havnt dabbled with P7's i do have a large bowl of Oranges in my Man Cave, currently 2 x C16R's and 1 x C16Rs, and 1 x Clockwork (Inbound).

Graphics can be sourced from gil_m hes well known in these parts for top quality graphics.

'justbackdated' or real name Tim from 'Fork English' is our resident PACE expert, need a new steerer contact him and he will sort you out.

The rest well its up to you, abundance of parts around so should be a good build. keep us all informed and loadsa pics always goes down well :D

Here is something to wet you appetite, my C16R's one in Original Spec and the other with a RetroModern take on it :)

Welcome and Enjoy :)

Attachments

• c16rpace1_132.jpg
    c16rpace1_132.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 558
  • jussa_orange_c16r_pic1_190.jpg
    jussa_orange_c16r_pic1_190.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 558
Thanks Jussa!

Cheers for the info on the steerer will drop him a message later today hopefully. I did notice that Pace actually still have replacement steerers as well so either way don't think I will be lost for a replacement.

I had worked out gil_m was the man to contact just have to work out how I am going to clean up the frame before I get decal crazy haha

I think mine will end up more retro modern like your second one there, that's a nice bike!

brettimus":2if0edti said:
Thanks Jussa!

Cheers for the info on the steerer will drop him a message later today hopefully. I did notice that Pace actually still have replacement steerers as well so either way don't think I will be lost for a replacement.

I had worked out gil_m was the man to contact just have to work out how I am going to clean up the frame before I get decal crazy haha

I think mine will end up more retro modern like your second one there, that's a nice bike!

Thumbs up for Retro Modern :D and thanks for the compliments, just make sure you keep us updated on how its progressing :D

Back