1988 Peugeot Montana 531 loveliness

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
This is something I've been looking for over a very long period.

It's gorgeous, and so very original. The size was listed as a 20", but it's really a 19 1/2". Big on me but very comfy, with its short top tube and upright two-bolt stem.

I will fit it with racks and a trailer mount and use it for shopping, touring and general fun. The original plan was to fit a 3 speed hub and maguras to it, the almost complete M730 groupset on it is in such good nick it was a shame to get rid of it. Pedals will have to go though, I can't ride beartraps as they make my feet go numb.

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

Wow, the anodising has barely come off the wheels. Love the U brake. Looks like it would make a lovely tourer.

i have just got a bright green peugeot kings canyon.
with a full dx group set.

the silver version of those same rims. it has the rapid fire dx shifters
rather that thumies like yours.
will take some pics tomorrow.

i do like the u brake.. cool as.

:cool:

A friends older brother had one of these (my mate had the Scorpion), while I was riding my Maverick. They were great bikes and looked so nice. That one is really nice.

Carl.

That's awful,You should send it to me do that I can lock it away in my garage!!!These are cracking bikes,looks in amazing condition,takes me right back to my school days, we used to have a cracking shop in town,Peugeot and Specialized dealer at the time.Hope you enjoy it. :D

Back