1997 Sunn XircuitMax - new pics. on page 3

magas

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
always loved the old SUNN's with their OBSYS forks, so when a nice XircuitMax frameset with Obsys fork was for sale here, I had to have it.

CIMG3745.jpg

plan is to use all of the original parts which came with the frame, in the end it should be an (almost) Shimano free build. :)

Here's my one with the soft-tail version of that frame. I almost finished it today with the addition of cables, brakes etc.

I've gone all Shimano XT739 though as the delicate looking parts seem to suit the frame. My one is supposed to be a Total but it isn't chromed as they are supposed to be and it has Xircuit stamped on the bottom bracket. It is a 97 frame though and the chromed Total is the 98 model.

IMG_0125

Re: 1997 Sunn XircuitMax

magas":7klm0x5k said:
always loved the old SUNN's with their OBSYS forks, so when a nice XircuitMax frameset with Obsys fork was for sale here, I had to have it.

CIMG3745.jpg

plan is to use all of the original parts which came with the frame, in the end it should be an (almost) Shimano free build. :)

Great stuff. :cool:

Shimano free all the way I say.

This from a man that has just put LX cranks on a bike!! :oops:

al.

Re: 1997 Sunn XircuitMax

al":3i3qw3iv said:
magas":3i3qw3iv said:

Great stuff. :cool:

Shimano free all the way I say.

This from a man that has just put LX cranks on a bike!! :oops:

al.

don't worry al, Shimano is not devils work and you know that German cars should not wear Minilite wheels ;)

from France :)

CIMG3747.jpg

headbadge is missing :( but replacement is here, thanks to a RB member ;)

CIMG3748.jpg

frame on scale

frameinclheadsetcups_07SunnXircuitMax.jpg

next on the list is giving everything a good clean and dismantle the fork to check and clean all parts and refilling with new oil.

carefull with the headbadge cause it's almost fully broken by the middle (worse thing)
if you don't stick it to the frame, unfortunately you are gonna lose it during the first ride :?

Back