Missy Giove 1992 ARC AS Rebuild

yetifan.com

Devout Dirtbag
OK, here you go.

Please remember that during the life of a race bike, parts come and go. This is as accurate as I can go. The Disc Drive will be binned when I get a purple rear Ringle hub & the Brakes are now Critical Racing cantis. these rest is pretty close.

I've got pics of the bike with Manitou 1 &2, Grafton & Shimano cranks, Grafton & Critical Skewers, XT- & XTR M900, so I've settled on this build pretty much.

Missy Giove ARC AS- 1992. Rebuild.

I found this frame for sale at the end of 2011, and decided to hang it on the wall, and admire the dents and dings Missy had put in to this thing.

Then by chance, I happened upon a set of Manitou 2’s and then the ball started to roll.

Thanks to this project must go to numerous people for help in finding hard to get parts, such as Mick for finding the bars in his bike shop! Frank the Welder for letting go of this wonderful Team YETI FTW stem, complete with milled out top, and clamp hole. Jimmy Deaton for the ringle seat QR, and for loads of build info.

No thanks to the guy who sold me the Disc Drive, its ruined! & I’ll replace it with a Ringle rear hub as soon as I can.

Some special team only details, shorter stays for a more relaxed head angle, and lower BB (these guys were at it 20 years ago!- Super over built stays where they join the chainstays. The tyre really does only just clear the shock mount!

This frame was raced by Missy in the 1992 season, and completed in the Kamikaze with a Disc Drive & Huge Paragon chainring, all other events used a regular rear wheel and smaller chainrings.

Video of the bike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37wso9dmLM

IMG_5946ws.jpg

IMG_5947ws.jpg

IMG_5948ws.jpg

IMG_5951ws.jpg

IMG_5954ws.jpg

IMG_5952ws.jpg

181501_196316787062974_7769180_n.jpg

NICE!

Missy was just like most of the girls I grew up with in Brooklyn, tough as hell but good through and through.

I'm glad one of her bikes made it into the hands of someone who will appreciate it and Missy.

BTW, what's wrong with the disc?

Stay well

I'd be checking the frame inside for any suspicious items :D

Actually I like this bike a lot, the Missy link gives it an additional grin factor

The stem is an FTW Team ATAC.

It was to be a little lighter, that was all.

The cord has seperated in the wheel. Still runs pretty straight, it looks alright, but wont work alright!

That is fantastic!....just what this site is about!....just one dried piranha from perfection!..... :D

Back