1990 Marin Pine Mountain

Marinator

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys I am new to RetroBIKE. Chanced upon it when I was searching for some info on Marin to help in the refurbishment of my 1990 Pine Mountain as a SS. This is the second time in the 22 years I have taken it back to the metal. Originally purchase from Williamsons Edinburgh for £569. I remember having to take out a bank loan to buy it and the interest rates were 14%! I have a 1991 Palisades crying out for attention in the garage. I will try to upload some photos if i can work out how.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2,073
Nice....check out what I did to my 92 Pine Mountain...

Attachments

• rsz_photo0533 (1).jpg
    rsz_photo0533 (1).jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 2,047
Nice looking bike, the black and white look great in that combination. I love the geometry and comfort of the early Marin frames.

Marinator":12ra7l91 said:
Nice looking bike, the black and white look great in that combination. I love the geometry and comfort of the early Marin frames.

Yup me too....the reason I built this is cos I was sick of trying to keep up with my mate on a road bike and this is the nearest thing to a road bike Im ever gonna ride as I find then far to uncomfortable!

Racin'snake":12gg2dzh said:
Marinator":12gg2dzh said:

Yup me too....the reason I built this is cos I was sick of trying to keep up with my mate on a road bike and this is the nearest thing to a road bike Im ever gonna ride as I find then far to uncomfortable!

Loved my road bikes,but spent too much time looking at the road(for potholes)rather than at the countyside :(

Cheers I will check them out. I need to go to 1" to get the best out of the SS. A bit sluggish at the moment with the 1.5"s.

Marinator":tqomo528 said:
.. This is the second time in the 22 years I have taken it back to the metal. ..
metal is good ;) your marin is simple but very nice and tasty!

Back