'92 Marin Palisides Trail

matt@theforce

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
After being on the search for a '92/'93 GT Avalance/Timberline for some time I have been given a '92 Marin Palisides Trail from a girl at work.

The bike belonged to her girlfriend who has owned the bike from new & at the time was a fitness trainer & treat the bike like her baby, needless to say the bike appears to be in quite good condition, there is the odd mark here and there but has spent most of the last 10years being moved from various sheds/horse stables/garage as it wasn't being used.

To say that I'm like a pig in something is an understatement :D . The bike was brought into work tonight & so far I've managed a quick 10min break to have a ride around the car park and everything works, gears quick & smooth, brakes work well but need a little adjustment and some air is needed in the tyres, other than that its ready to roll :cool:

20120614_205830.jpg

20120614_205645.jpg

20120614_205700.jpg

20120614_205740.jpg

20120614_205636.jpg

Frame - 14" Cromo Frame
Fork - Rockstar Cromo
Brakes - Shimano 200GS Leavers
Chainset - 300LX
Rear Mech - 300LX
Front Mech - 300LX
Tyres - Marin ProCombo 26x2.00

Full Spec
92PalisidesTrail.jpg

Tell that story when you sell the seat ;) Hahaha

But less of that! Bike looks in incredible condition, love the lairy colours, planning to keep it original?

Raleighracer":1jhsl876 said:
Tell that story when you sell the seat ;) Hahaha

But less of that! Bike looks in incredible condition, love the lairy colours, planning to keep it original?

lol

For now I intend the give it a clean/change the seat/change to slick tyres & fit some mudguards and use it for occaisional commuting.

My first bike, identical except that mine cane supplied new with 500lx chainset (which I still have on another bike!)

Seat was first to go, replaced with flite ti; ended up mostly dx/Xt, black pace bars, onzas, zoom stem, mavic wheels etc

So far I've given it a bit of a clean and replaced the aging brakes which never seemed to work properly (old pads)

Whilst looking around for new pads decided to replace all the braking system with some v-brakes (not to everyones taste but I prefer them) so these were bought and some new new cables were ordered too
20120809_125754.jpg

Whilst on ebay I purchased a replacement stem which had the top bung that I didn't have on this bike (its the little things that make the difference)
20120817_142047.jpg

And as the handlebar grips had torn & been taped up with black insulation tape I ordered some new grips
20120828_112748.jpg

20120828_112827.jpg

Again, not to everyones taste but I quite like them & they're quite a good match.

Have a few more bits to sort out, The bars/forks rock a little under braking and the chain has started jumping in higher gears. Once all that is sorted I might start enquiring about getting the frame/forks stripped and re-painted (Trying to keep the same colour scheme)

Matthew

Back