Readers wives

sunchaser

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
:D Now that I've got your attention!

Thought I'd post a pic of Mrs Sunchasers retro ride. Can't quite rmember the year, mid 90's I think. Anyway. As you can see it's an Orange C-16R in almost new condition... only wish it was a bit bigger, for obvious reasons ;)

Hope you like it :cool:

IMG_0937.jpg

i got one of those in silver, think it's the same year coz the groupset is the same, 96?

paid £150 for it and it's as mint as that, just done (older)lx conversion on it, lovely for commuting with slicks on it.

it's got just the right amount of flexiness in the frame, so comfy to ride.

nice machines, mine and your wifes!

jonnyboy666":135k3g1w said:
whats with the cow thing?

Thats the towpath track just outside Washingborough :D Hehehe, rode down there in the floods!!!
The cow is some bloody art thing, never understood myself. There are some random seats carved out of wood as well.

Nice mini Orange Sunny, wish I could get my wife to ride......offered to by her a bike but alas, no :(

Excuse bad photo, but this is another size 15 C16R, I believe it's a 96, I built it from bare frame for my son when he was 10, and it cut one hour off his lap time at Bewl Water, compared to his previous Scott. It's now ridden by the 9 year old son of a friend of mine. He must be one of the few 9 years olds with a five-arm XT crank, XT mechs and a Z2 Lite - ok, I know the colour isn't ideal, but there aren't that many 1" forks around.

Attachments

• 1996 Orange C16R size 15 b.jpg
    1996 Orange C16R size 15 b.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 6,357
Nice. Particularly like your Kona... :D

In keeping with the thread, here's Mrs Wu's ride.

Attachments

• kerf3_634.jpg
    kerf3_634.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6,308
  • kerf4_202.jpg
    kerf4_202.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 6,306
Quality Orange, I'm in the process of restoring a 96 P7 to the same colour scheme. Looks like i've made the right choice to move away from the original nickle finish!

Back