Iron Horse THS-1 : build finished - Pics/specs on pg. 2

FMJ

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Had one back in the late 90s. It was my go-to all-mountain bike, and I regretted selling it soon after. There weren't a lot of them made (fabrication contracted out to Foes Racing), and I FINALLY found another one.

4c6d5120.jpg

f9a46a62.jpg

Hmmmm, IIRC high pivot swingarm bikes suffer from shock lockout on braking......stay tuned.

The front torque arm mount I mocked up from an pic of my old bike at work last week is pretty close. Some minor tweaking and it will be ready to make.

0265bc29.jpg

Nice frame looks mint!
I remember seeing Toby Henderson racing on one of these frames in 96. fast looking bikes must be all the red ;)
The Kuster shocks are good too

Re: Queue H+C. I found my personal Holy Grail (Iron Horse TH

FMJ":iq0ua4wy said:
There weren't a lot of them made

Never seen one of these before, you must be over the moon! Looking forward to seeing the build....

Made the adjustable front mount for the torque arm yesterday. ID is 1.250", and the seat tube flares out to 1.260" right above the BB, so I'll have to take out another .010 this morning to get it just right.

ae2dd936.jpg

Re: Queue H+C. I found my personal Holy Grail (Iron Horse TH

beepbeep":1npsc77k said:
FMJ":1npsc77k said:
There weren't a lot of them made

Never seen one of these before, you must be over the moon! Looking forward to seeing the build....

I bought my 96 from my buddy who bought it from one of our old DH team mates. I'm not really sure where he got it. A shop in the US I believe. They're the only two I've seen in the flesh.

hf11.jpg

Back