1997 GT Avalanche - thoughts?

coopertrooper2001

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

I have a 1997 GT Avalanche, Ali frame, Indy SL forks, Mavric rims, decent hubs etc, although no disc brakes. WTB saddle (kevlar corners), X-Lite handlebars that I am looking to sell in advance of getting my new bike.

It is in good condition for its age. It had a full service last summer (all cables and brake pads replaced) and has been ridden about 8 times since then.
Frame needs a machine polish to look good.
Rear gears jump around a little bit - may need a new chain, although bike shop thought it was ok.
The front gear shifter is a little iffy.

Is it worth selling this kind of setup complete or worth splitting it? The brakes, shifters, deralliurs etc are worth nowt I guess, but maybe the forks and frame are worth a few quid?

Any thoughts on value?

Thanks.

Hi

Always get more splitting .. Pop some pics up to give people
Idea of condition and put a price on you feel it's worth.. If no takers
Reduce bit by bit ..

Cheers

Col

Pics

Here are some pics of the bike and the main components. Nothing has been cleaned up for a while.

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0093002/photos/70000330@N08/

Everything, with the exception of the rear mech (which is XT) is all Deore LX.
Everything is original except the tyres, bars, grips and brake pads.
I have owned the bike since new, never crashed or mistreated.

Has a replacable rear hanger.
Frame is in good condition but needs a full on polish. It has a few aftermarket stickers, some of which have partially pealed off.
The GT logo on the seat stay has mostly come away (putting it on a bike rack).

The forks work well and were serviced a year or so back. the adjusters work just fine. There is paint missing around the quick release axle and a few chips here and there - in general they are in good condition for 15 years old!

Any questions, offers etc get in touch. May put the whole bike on ebay before offering frame, forks and components separately.

Cheers,
Mike.

Back