Very unproductive day today. Started by stripping and cleaning up the XTR shifters and brake levers as they were covered in dirt and grime, they have come up very well:
Then I moved onto fitting some new cables and setting up the mech's and thats where things all went to pot
I fitted the XTR front mech and I could not get the extension on it to get the chain into the top ring so I guessed the chainline was wrong. Measured it up and sure enough it was quite a long way out. I have some Graftons unfitted which should have been ok with the 122.5mm BB. Sadly the chainrings were grazing the chainstay ever so slightly and the chain would not shift from the granny to the middle ring as it hits the pivot. I can only guess it would need a 127mm BB to use the graftons and a longer one than the 113mm one I tried with the middleburns.
On a positive I have sourced some NOS Shock a Billy decals and have bought a number of nice bits and bobs off here which should arrive over the next week or so