mtb Daves zaskar Le updated 16/6/12

mtbdave

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Picked this up today,
I think its a 1995 model as the serial is 04941260 so made 94.

I have a few changes in mind,bars/stem/post/wheels/grips/seat and forks.

any views or thoughts would be appeciated!

007-7.jpg

008-5.jpg

009-3.jpg

010-4.jpg

011-2.jpg

It has a full xtr m950 groupset so a good start!!!

Yeah looks like you've got some great parts to work with there, pace forks, xtr, kore stem. Whoever owned it before you made some good changes by the look.

Give it a clean up and get some ideas from the forum it it doesn't look like it needs much at all.

But.... Would look great with a blue and yellow theme!!

Nice one!

It was on ebay about 2 weeks ago but never made its reserve.

The previous owner said he had it for 14 years it needs a good polish and new decals as well as the some parts changing,i want to get it a bit closer to original spec.
It has a kore lite 2 post but it doesnt say what size it is any ideas anyone?

Dave it looks crap...... think you should sell it to me!!! Nah only joking its an awesome looking rig, just get her polished up! :LOL: :cool:

mtbdave":329wwprs said:
It was on ebay about 2 weeks ago but never made its reserve.

The previous owner said he had it for 14 years it needs a good polish and new decals as well as the some parts changing,i want to get it a bit closer to original spec.
It has a kore lite 2 post but it doesnt say what size it is any ideas anyone?

Well, if you are wanting to get it closer to original spec I'd be happy to take all of the aftermarket stuff on it off your hands to make it easier for you... I'm pretty sure they didn't come with full xtr ;)

I thought they were full xtr on the zaskar le?
But having said that I have just noticed the front mech is a m900!
So what would be correct for this year?

If not you can have the rest but the frame and the xtr stuff!!

Wow, great spec all over. Love the bars and kore stem is great choice (standard spec?).

Seatpost will be 27 or 27.2. Mine has 27.2 (1997) but others say theirs are 27.

All I would change is the seat for a WTB with yellow sides and that would be about it. A change to Judy's would be more original spec but the Pace look superb I wouldnt change them.

I asked about the seatpost because the early zaskars had the same seat tube size as my 93 rts-1 a 26.8mm

I have a early syncros black bar for this bike but wish I had more info on it the spec that's on it now is great but....right if you know what I mean!!

Based on the fact that I also have an 0494 Zaskar LE; that is a 1994 model sold in 1994 ;)

As for 'original' spec. I don't know what that means, as a lot of Zaskars were sold as framesets and built up by their owners (like me). I would just give it a really good clean / service and get out there riding it.

Apart from the forks, which were originally Shocktech, and the brakes, which were originally HS33's, my bike is as built... in 94. Marzocchi's and XT V brakes must have arrived around 96 /7.

IMGP0267.jpg

That's a really nice bike you have got yourself. I hope you have as much fun with it, as I do with mine.

Back