Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:38 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:04 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

From memory the forks were white with matching stem and bars.

Sadly I think you have less space than me, if that is the case, I could always take another picture off the wall and hang it up here...?... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:02 am 

Hi and sorry i've not seen this site before. Just looking for info on my Tushingham B52 on google, which was stolen off the back of my car yesterday. I didn't realise what I have been riding for the past 25yrs was such a classic. It was in great nick and I'm keen to find it. If anyone comes across one for sale with new continental tyres and in original condition please let me know. It had the main shimano oval crank replaced with a campagnolo one around 15 yrs ago and was last seen near South Normanton in Derbyshire. Good luck with the rebuild, BTW its a B52 you have for sure if I'm not mistaken.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:17 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Colbull wrote:
Hi and sorry i've not seen this site before. Just looking for info on my Tushingham B52 on google, which was stolen off the back of my car yesterday. I didn't realise what I have been riding for the past 25yrs was such a classic. It was in great nick and I'm keen to find it. If anyone comes across one for sale with new continental tyres and in original condition please let me know. It had the main shimano oval crank replaced with a campagnolo one around 15 yrs ago and was last seen near South Normanton in Derbyshire. Good luck with the rebuild, BTW its a B52 you have for sure if I'm not mistaken.

What a bugger! :(
I'm sure everyone on here will keep a look out - Gumtree seems to be the place for nicked bikes, ebay less so but they do turn up. Do you have a record of the frame number? Any pics?

Cheers,
Andrew

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:02 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Just been reading through this thread as I picked up a Tushingham B52 the other day :D ...

Looks to be original, Exage Mountain groupset, the lady who sold the bike did say that she used to sail with Roger & Lester bitd and bought the bike when Tushingham started selling them, but bought a Clockwork when they first came out as they were lighter, hence the Tushingham was left hanging up in her garage, lucky for me! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:22 am 
Retro Guru

Firstly; sorry for the necromancy. :P

Secondly; does anyone know what brand/model of stem the B52s have? Would really quite like one for my B52-in-disguise. I found a close approximation (a Sakae stem with a roller), but I don't think it's quite right. Looks nice, tho, so I can live with it. :)

Thirdly; here's my contribution to this rather old (but ace) thread; another Muddy Fox branded B52 frame:

It's got the seatstay-mounted U brake, the dual downtube bottle mounts, and had a mostly Exage Mountain groupset (apart from the bits replaced by the previous owner). The parts were so broken that I had to replace most of it - the only original components are the U brake, the front mech, the seat QR, and the headset.

Here's that stem I mentioned:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:33 pm 

Have just come across this site, and was wondering for many years why I hadn't seen any muddyfox red couriers like mine around. Didn't realise it was such a classic rare bike. Bought it new for my 16th in 1989 and still have in completely original condition and still ride it. I'll upload some pictures as I think it will answer some peoples questions about original colours of some parts etc. only just last year changed the tyres off(muddyfox dirttrax) as they were starting to perish. Nice to know some are still around and I had no idea of the tushingham tie up

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:15 am 

I'm still riding my Tushingham B52 around Perth WA. It is still in original condition. The frame is such a perfect fit I have never gotten round to updating to something new

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12