15th Anniversary (1996) Rocky Mountain Blizzard

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Had to find myself one of these as it's my all time favourite paint scheme on an RM having first seen the one owned by Jupke. Unfortunately the paint isn't in the greatest of condition, hopefully it'll clean up a little.

Attachments

• IMG_2922.JPG
    IMG_2922.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 3,800
  • IMG_2918.JPG
    IMG_2918.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 3,800
  • IMG_2925.JPG
    IMG_2925.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 3,800
Oh yes, what a lovely frame :D

What's the build, full XT with the usual (Syncros)

not completely sure yet. i do have some parts already in mind and in hand that i want to put on. i think this will be a full Race Face build as I already have a full Syncros project in the works.

you can see it came with a somewhat scarce to find RF XY0 seatpost. so far i have a black RF Deus stem, Air Alloy bar, Real Seal headset and Turbine/Taperlock BB in mind. unfortunately i recently sold off all 3 black RF Turbines cranks I had at one time. i think a set would have been great for this frame. :roll:

other things i have are set of XTR m960 or XT m737 v brakes, which i'll match with either Altek or Real Design levers.

i'm thinking of a black set of suspension forks. it's originally spec'd with a custom black set of Rock Shox fork. but i'd like to get my hands on a set of early Marzocchi z2 bomber with 65/75/80mm travel.

Very nice find! You can change your signature now :)

RaceFace will be a nice match I think, maybe some silver parts on it?

So XT m739 front/rear mechs, XT m740 shifters, XTR m960 Vs

Real Design or Alteks levers?

Attachments

• _mg_8018.jpg
    _mg_8018.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 3,658
  • _MG_8007.JPG
    _MG_8007.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,657
  • _MG_8008.JPG
    _MG_8008.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 3,658
  • _MG_8005.JPG
    _MG_8005.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 3,658
i so want a maple leaf rocky.

for me it has to be the real levers, the additional cnc work and angularity if thats a word and you know what i mean, goes with the dues xc stem , as does the cnced logos. Them cnc dues stems are beautiful, i have two, every bit as nice if not nicer than thomson IMO, and you can get em for peanuts too.

Rocky

XTR M95 look1s all wrong, needs Thumbies, All balck Suntour or XT. Black Boutique Canti brakes, and big no to the Modern stem too!!! Stunning frame though

Nice catch Frank! Brings back memories.
As for parts: black, silver and a hint of red anno.

Sofa Pulled up, bowl of Nachos & a Crate of Corona!...Looks good Frank!! See you're gong for your Hallmark eclectic mix build...Real Levers for me too.

claret73":9w57bg2r said:
See you're gong for your Hallmark eclectic mix build

is that a fancy/nice way of saying my builds are a "mish-mash"??? :? :LOL:

i really want to make use of the Altek levers but i have to agree that the Real Designs seem to go better.

no thumbies, sorry. and what m95 are we referring to? i own none. :?

white perf flite saddle… thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2929.JPG
    IMG_2929.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 3,508
  • IMG_2927.JPG
    IMG_2927.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 3,508
Back