1991 Grove Innovations X

bratfass

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sorry to start thread with a nearly finished build - will put up pasttime pics on, too instantly

Foto1-2.jpg

Foto4.jpg

Foto5.jpg

1991 X frame/fork/hothead set in candy-red with grove hotrods in black (perhaps colormatchin in frame) with black mavic chainrings and suntour xc II pedals

shimano xt mechs/thumbies/brakelevers - front brake black avid tri-align (will be swapped with a green interloc switchback, rear (refreshed and reannod in green) macmahon scissor rollercam brake - scott mathauser superbrake pads

wheelset will be king hubs (front green, rear gold) build up with 231cd mavics front 28 rear 32 holes - with butterscotch velociraptors

green moby with black turbo triathlon

It's about time you started a thread for this! It looks great! How did you find the Hot Rods?!?!

very red...

and very nice, but I think the Mavic Citrons look better on silver King hubs. I saw a set of 'em hanging from the ceiling at Gregg's Greenlake in Seattle years ago. Prettiest wheelset ever.

Re: very red...

semi-school":34tt78k7 said:
and very nice, but I think the Mavic Citrons look better on silver King hubs. I saw a set of 'em hanging from the ceiling at Gregg's Greenlake in Seattle years ago. Prettiest wheelset ever.

I believe they're Sunsets, not Citrons. Either way, definitely great looking rims!

Back