1997 Klein Pulse single speed

paulr1980

Devout Dirtbag
OK so this is likely inflame a few but before you read on remember, it's a Trek built Pulse, no an attitude in some lovely fade.

So I needed a commuter and fancy a go at SS for shizzles and giggles as much as anything. I can always convert back to a rear mech and 8spd.

I picked up the frame off here. It's in really nice conditions, a bit of a clean and a few coats of Meguiars and it shines very nicely.

Anyway, it's a mix of old and new but all in 8/10 up in terms of condition. I love ano and the SS fraternity take it all way too seriously so this was just meant to be something fun yet still look pretty.

Anyway, here's the spec:

1997 18" Klein Pulse in red
Project 2 forks in black
Ano red KCNC 90mm 5deg rise stem
Exotic straight bars
cheapo ODI ruff copies with gold lock-ons
Avid SD3 V's
On One Twelfty ano red seat post
no name Crn/Ti saddle
Velosolo spacers in gold black and ano red
Andel 18T cog
Middleburn RS3 with ano red spider and 36t ano red ring
Superstar tensioner with ano red jockey wheel
Mavic Crossland wheelset
M520 Spds
Schwalbe City Jet 1.95 tyres (big so I can play about like a teenager)

Doesn't sounds like it would work but I think it looks beautiful. I'm really really pleased with it. :D

Pics incoming tonight when I've finished putting it together (wheels need to go on and brakes set up.

Cheers guys, and a shout out to those that supplied the frame and wheels. Can't remember your names but thanks!

Paul

Interesting!.. I just bought a Trek :)lol:) Klein pulse comp frame,manitou's and bits for my next build..I would like to see what the P2'S look like on yours. Im definitely going to get rid of the susp forks. My first choice of forks would be Klein pulse comp rigid's but I get he feeling these are going to be a) hard to get and therefore b) expensive! so I want some Cannondale P-Bones or project 2's? Hmm... bring on the pic's!

7ff4e430.jpg

Here's an unfinished pic. It's pretty much done now but the chain I bought was both wrong and poor quality so I need to get that sorted.

As soon as I can I'll get out with the camera and get some decent photos.

Hope it helps with the P2 conundrum :)

Looks good! Did you weigh it? I'm guessing the tyres are no flyweights but I'll bet its light.

I haven't yet. I might have some fishing scales I can use. Yeah the tyres are pretty heavy sadly but the bike is still featherweight.

Latest posts

Back