It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:13 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:47 pm 
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner

Thanks !
So, they were no threaded until 91…
Mine got a BOI fork like yours but I think it's a 410mm suspension corrected. So, I was not sure for the year of the frameset, and you answered me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:53 pm 
Retro Guru

24pouces wrote:
Thanks !
So, they were no threaded until 91…
Mine got a BOI fork like yours but I think it's a 410mm suspension corrected. So, I was not sure for the year of the frameset, and you answered me :wink:

You can never be sure with Fat.

My 1990 has a pressed in style BB, Both of my 1991 Wickeds still have the pressed in style. All 3 of my 1992 Yos have threaded.

I have the same issue with this frame, I don't believe that it is suspension corrected, but I'm pretty sure that my fork is corrected, so this may not work out. However, the frame measures out like a M/L which wasn't available until 1993, so it's all weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:19 pm 

Mine is a small.
I had another Fat frame which top tube seemed to be smaller.
Geometry could be different each years, or it was custom made.
The rear cbrake cable stop is different too…

But I agree : what a mess with Fat ! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:20 am 
Retro Guru

A little bit of progress. Gears all strung up, brakes coming up. Drivetrain is a bit rough, not sure if it's the BB or something in the crank, but it feels a bit rough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:48 pm 
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider

cool build! frame fork colour works very well!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:48 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Cool frame, fork, crankset, and stem, but something doesn't look right, especially with the front end. The fork looks suspension corrected; frame does not. I've found myself in such a predicament before, having all the right parts and frameset, only to have it not be right, when put together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:12 am 
Retro Guru

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
Cool frame, fork, crankset, and stem, but something doesn't look right, especially with the front end. The fork looks suspension corrected; frame does not. I've found myself in such a predicament before, having all the right parts and frameset, only to have it not be right, when put together.

Neither the frame nor the fork are suspension corrected. The fork is an original Yo fork and the frame is an early 92 M/L, still per the original specs. The fork steerer is too long that's for sure, but that can be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:23 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

mkozaczek wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:

Neither the frame nor the fork are suspension corrected. The fork is an original Yo fork and the frame is an early 92 M/L, still per the original specs. The fork steerer is too long that's for sure, but that can be fixed.

Really? I wasn't referring to the fork steerer; that's obvious. The front end seems to be lifted a bit, as I've owned a few of these, as well, and didn't have the front end like that. Meh, perhaps it's a photo thing, or looking at it on my phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:19 pm 
Retro Guru

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
mkozaczek wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:

Really? I wasn't referring to the fork steerer; that's obvious. The front end seems to be lifted a bit, as I've owned a few of these, as well, and didn't have the front end like that. Meh, perhaps it's a photo thing, or looking at it on my phone.

Fork is 390mm long and frame has the 92 head tube length which was before they corrected for suspension. The later M/L frames had a shorter headtube, which I think is the tell for a suspension corrected frame. I think...