1992 Yo Eddy Build

mkozaczek

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Finally getting around to building myself a Yo Eddy. I've tried a medium and it was too small, I have a large - but it seems too large, so here's hoping that the M/L is just right. I only think that this frame is an M/L because the serial number makes it an M, but the measurements are more inline with an M/L.

Anyways here is how I got it. Mostly XTR, with some shoddy Deore V-brakes, no post (I added the syncros), Ck headset, Manitou 3 fork, control tech stem, and taperlite bar.

DSC_0958-vi.jpg

DSC_0959-vi.jpg

DSC_0961-vi.jpg

DSC_0962-vi.jpg

DSC_0963-vi.jpg

DSC_0964-vi.jpg

I happen to have a nice BOI fork that came with my Large Yo and I plan to use it on this build. It's not the right color, it's a sort of black pearl with red pearl which sort of works with the cherry paint on the bike.

DSC_0965-vi.jpg

DSC_0966-vi.jpg

DSC_0967-vi.jpg

DSC_0968-vi.jpg

Right now I just want to get the bike built and see how it fits before I finalize the components and what not. I don't want to cut the steerer on the fork until I am sure the frame will fit me so it looks stupid at the moment.

I plan on using mostly black bits for the hardware, black stem, black bars and black post. Drivetrain will be mostly M900 XTR maybe with the Syncros cranks (which are technically too new) and I want to use the black Chris King hubs (again too new) - but I plan to make it a rider and I really like CK wheels.

DSC_0983-vi.jpg

DSC_0984-vi.jpg

I might do a period correct build just for fun and show, but if the bike fits and I like riding it I'll do a bit of a mix I think... we'll see

with what you have on there so far, i'd go with a a black stem. perhaps a Syncros to match the seatpost and cranks?

Lovely olour frame, build plans sound right. Just spec it with what works & what will compliment your riding.
Ditto nice rigid forks btw.

I might try it out with a proper Salsa moto roller stem, seems to be a 'correct' choice, albeit not my favorite one.

I happen to have one in black, so we'll see how that works out.

What type of cable hanger is that on your headset -set up ?

Like the Flat look of it
forks look much better and will look even better with a black stem- black zooka would look great also

theredchili":1xypnkt7 said:
What type of cable hanger is that on your headset -set up ?

Like the Flat look of it
forks look much better and will look even better with a black stem- black zooka would look great also

The hanger is WTB.

I put a black Salsa on last night and it looks decent, plus it has the pulley so I can skip the brake hanger.

I'm just worried that this bike will still be too small for me. Also, I don't think it's suspension corrected so this experiment may not work out.

Back