Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:05 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:07 pm 
Retro Guru

BELLA BELLA BELLA......................BELLA the most beautiful ARC of all time, you made a masterpiece, congratulations

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:38 pm 
Retro Guru

Very nice indeed D - great job! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:31 pm 
Retro Guru

ameybrook wrote:
Silverfish wrote:
rumpfy wrote:
Thanks Rumpfy, that is much appreciated. If I was true to my 1992/3 self I should have covered the bike in stickers as well :D

I might try it with silver rings but that wasn't really the point of the build. It was to build a bike that was true to it's 92 heritage.

My thoughts are identical to Rumpfy's, but I have to take on the comment about it's heritage. The ARC was a race bike, but I can't think of any ARCs or race bikes from the era that went as far as anodized chainrings. Even Tinker's Adroit, which over a whole other rainbow, featured silver rings.

For for that matter I can't think of anyone that raced with anodized rings period... I'm sure there were people though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:38 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

mkozaczek wrote:
I might try it with silver rings but that wasn't really the point of the build. It was to build a bike that was true to it's 92 heritage.
[/quote]

My thoughts are identical to Rumpfy's, but I have to take on the comment about it's heritage. The ARC was a race bike, but I can't think of any ARCs or race bikes from the era that went as far as anodized chainrings. Even Tinker's Adroit, which over a whole other rainbow, featured silver rings.[/quote]

For for that matter I can't think of anyone that raced with anodized rings period... I'm sure there were people though.[/quote]

:facepalm: Bumping all the ARC threads.....Somebody wants the Podium me thinks.... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:39 pm 
Retro Guru

sinnerman wrote:
mkozaczek wrote:

My thoughts are identical to Rumpfy's, but I have to take on the comment about it's heritage. The ARC was a race bike, but I can't think of any ARCs or race bikes from the era that went as far as anodized chainrings. Even Tinker's Adroit, which over a whole other rainbow, featured silver rings.[/quote]

For for that matter I can't think of anyone that raced with anodized rings period... I'm sure there were people though.[/quote]

:facepalm: Bumping all the ARC threads.....Somebody wants the Podium me thinks.... :lol:[/quote]

You know me too well... we already had three on the same page and I had a big cup of coffee at lunch, felt like causing mischief :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:42 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

mkozaczek wrote:
sinnerman wrote:
mkozaczek wrote:

My thoughts are identical to Rumpfy's, but I have to take on the comment about it's heritage. The ARC was a race bike, but I can't think of any ARCs or race bikes from the era that went as far as anodized chainrings. Even Tinker's Adroit, which over a whole other rainbow, featured silver rings.

:facepalm: Bumping all the ARC threads.....Somebody wants the Podium me thinks.... :lol:[/quote]

You know me too well... we already had three on the same page and I had a big cup of coffee at lunch, felt like causing mischief :)[/quote]

Mate, they are all gorgeous, and i will never bore of anybody who does a proper job...!........especially on a YETI..... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:57 pm 
Retro Guru

Uauu,

Amazing Bike, Love it and yes, you spot on in my Taste of purple or bike build :)

Keep up with thins kinds of builds!

Nuno

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:59 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

8) a trip to Garda lake ( Italy ) :wink:

at bike festival ( german bike magazine festival )

http://www.mtb-forum.it/community/forum ... tcount=478

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 pm 
Retro Guru

Not seen that, thanks yanee71 :D

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:23 pm 
Retro Guru

Ace, is it available to demo?!? Ha!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next