Silverfish 1992 Yeti ARC

Silverfish

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
1992 YETI ARC - Silverfish Second Build

Having now put the Yeti FRO to bed http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177656 - and taken a bit of a breather from late night eBay shenanigans - I decided it is high time I got started on another build. Hoping to get this one finished in time for the Yeti Tribe Meet end of June, though that is going to be highly dependent on sourcing a 36 hole Ringle 3DV front hub, or a 32h Mavic 231CD hard ano rim. Whichever one arrrives first :D

Have most of the other bits already, although I still need to source a BB and re-ano some shifter mounts. Plus a bunch of excess parts - I have already changed direction on this build at least three times :oops:

My original intention was to be much more sensible with this build. I got a little carried away with the FRO and I was determined to be much more conservative (and less anal) with my next build. But as a Yeti ARC was very much my dream rig back in 93, I've ended up building something of a dream spec. Most of it will be period correct, but I will probably chop and change a little as there are certain products I just have to spec on an ARC.

The ARC is really the bike that got me started on the whole retro thing. If I had found this one first I probably could have left it there. As it worked out I was about 6 or 7 bikes in before I got the opportunity to buy this frame. And it is absolutely mint, original paint, original decals, 19" size, my preferred Turq/Grey colourway, and from what I can tell, one of the early ARC's. It might be a 93 as opposed to a 92 but nobody seems to know exactly what serial numbers were built when. Got a good idea why the details of some of these early bikes were hazy... :LOL:

So I don't mind really what year it it. It's the right size, the right 'era' and the right colour.

As I said with my last build, feel free to give me the heads up if I've made some schoolby error. My memory isn't as good as it used to be and I don't profess to be any kind of expert.

But this one is a build close to my heart.

And I should warn you now. It is going to be very purple. I never did the whole purple thing when I started out, it never really inspired me, I was always into ano red or ano blue - but if I'd owned a grey/turq ARC back then I'm pretty sure I would have specced the shit out of it with 3DV for sure...

Attachments

• very purple.JPG
    very purple.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 6,337
  • arc 2.JPG
    arc 2.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 6,334
  • ARC 1.JPG
    ARC 1.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 6,334
  • arc seat collar.JPG
    arc seat collar.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 6,337
  • the box.JPG
    the box.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 6,340
Woo-hoo - Awesome start...

So going with the Accutrax eh? Very cool. I may still do that on mine but I'm not sure at the moment.

Your cable guides are so nice and violet, mine are more pinkish at this point...

mkozaczek":2ika2fov said:

So going with the Accutrax eh? Very cool. I may still do that on mine but I'm not sure at the moment.

Your cable guides are so nice and violet, mine are more pinkish at this point...

Thanks Martin.

I'm probably not going to spec the Yeti forks actually. M2's just look 'right' on ARC's in this colourway.

Silverfish":1hqxc8bc said:
mkozaczek":1hqxc8bc said:

Thanks Martin.

I'm probably not going to spec the Yeti forks actually. M2's just look 'right' on ARC's in this colourway.

Agreed. I got new bumpers for mine and they feel pretty good. I took it for a spin over the weekend. Works well, except for the Graftons... still have to work on getting those setup perfectly.

Yeah that's how it arrived. Those pics are a few weeks old now. Starting to look very different now but need to upload some new pics :D

Silverfish":o3blckgx said:
Yeah that's how it arrived. Those pics are a few weeks old now. Starting to look very different now but need to upload some new pics :D

Get on with it son...

I have a sinking feeling that my ARC will look pretty sad next to yours...

Back