Gt Rts

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi, just picked this up from Tomahawk kid who very generously karma'd it to me, thanks very much mate :D

Anyway has anyone any idea on the year so I can have a look in the archive at specs etc.

There's a lot of muck on it but underneath it seems pretty sound and once its had a t-cut and polish it should come up very nicely. The red appears to be a powdercoat and I think it started life blue as there is a bit showing on the dropouts etc.

The paint is pretty thick but I can make out most of the serial no which is 36000541.

Cheers.

Attachments

• RTS.jpg
    RTS.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 989
obviously a 54" frame made in 1936 chris

dunno mate build it ,ride it ,judge it

me ? i like them and judging by your collection you will too

96 ish i'd say steel back end , and non the worse for it
been painted and re-stickered tho

^^^ 94 was cromo rear end with brake rocker? 93 with the pully wheel job?
will make a good project

Not a problem Chris, it was just hanging around & to be honest I was never going to rebuild it. I would have liked to get the frame stripped, primed & resprayed, sourced some new frame decals, but from what I see from your stable you'll do a great job, looking forward to your build.

13":228njzc4 said:
will make a good project

1/2 of 93 was pulley wheel job. 1st year 93 was steel rear end. alloy rear started in the 94 model year. I'm guessing this one was likely a 94 RTS-3

gm1230126":13empsdr said:
13":13empsdr said:
will make a good project

1/2 of 93 was pulley wheel job. 1st year 93 was steel rear end. alloy rear started in the 94 model year. I'm guessing this one was likely a 94 RTS-3
Ah, that clears it up. been confused with the steel rear ends- so 93 two styles of brake device, pully and rocker then steel rear in 94 but only on the 3's.
so I'd be guessing there is some purple or red anno under that red powder too?

I've spent the last couple of evenings polishing the frame with various different products and its ended up looking pretty good. I will touch the chips in when I can find a red touch up pen in the shed.

The shock has been off and cleaned and appears to be working nicely except for some play in the lower mount where I think I may have something missing :?

The plan to build it for absolutely no expense has failed though as I don't seem to have a decent bottom bracket for it or a 31.8 top pull front mech.

Anyway here are a couple of pics of its current state.

IMG00331.jpg

IMG00332.jpg

wooo! this is tasty. ace karma and in good hands.

chris, is the bb shell 68 or 73?

i have square taper x 2. spare.

68 X 110mm un 52/3

73 X 118mm un52/3

problem is finding the mo-fo's

:)

Nice one Chris. Check the bb area for cracks.

Needs some rock shox though.

Back