90s timberline

electronicaeric

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all,Ive finally dug my GT timberline out of the garage and am now at the start of some slight restoration work.But I was wondering wether this is all original spec.Ive been on bikepedia but nothing ties up with the spec.Could anyone date this please?Its got an Altus groupset and Araya rims.I know the bar ends and rips are incorrect,and I replaced the seat myself when I got the bike back in 2001.I gave 80.00 for it back then.I think I got a deal at the time :D

001-6.jpg

Cheers for the reply :D Ive got a new cassette on the way with a Sram chain and new Jockey wheels.Im gonna work on the drivetrain first and then have a look at the brakes.I want to keep the bike as original as I can,but Im going to put some Conti Traffic's on as this one will be used mostly on the road.Ive also got a Talera with rockshox on that I will have a mess around with :D

I'm liking the colour, is that speckly ? Having only seen the catalogue pic I thought it was solid green. Thats look cool.

MADJEZ":3hg5nkab said:
I'm liking the colour, is that speckly ? Having only seen the catalogue pic I thought it was solid green. Thats look cool.

Yes mate its metallic green with the smoke effect through it.I will put some better piccys up once she's all cleaned up.

Just picked this up today through facebook.At £15.00 I couldnt say no. :D

bike.jpg

Back