Marin Bear Valley SE 1995

Profanisaurus

Retro Newbie
Hi Everyone,

My bro told me about this forum so I thought I'd sign up and share a picture of my '95 (I think) Bear Valley SE. I've just finished stripping it down and chucking it back together. The original Marin saddle is long gone and the tyres & pedals were shot so it's got a Madison Flux saddle, Continental rubber and some Shimano 324 pedals with one side for spuds.

I bought it to replace my '94 B.V SE which was always far too small for me, but I persevered with a 400mm seat post as I loved its chuckability...now that I'm not as young as I once was, riding it gives me all sorts of dodgy aches in muscles I didn't even know I had! It's fine for my girlfriend so I'll give it a good service and keep it for her to use.

I've also got a Team Titanium on the way which may or may not be too small for me too so it could end up on here in the near future!

Cheers for reading! Chris.

Attachments

• 2012-05-03-077 (1024x623).jpg
    2012-05-03-077 (1024x623).jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,112
nice bike mate!

i think it's a 1996/7 when the 'ovation' threadless forks came in.

always good to see a marin and it looks clean and tidy.

enjoy. :cool:

team titanium? they were known for instantaneous combustion and radioactive properties*

send it to me for safe and immediate disposal ;)

*has he fallen for it?

Thanks for putting me straight on the year! If the Team glows in the dark then I'll stick it in a lead lined box and you can bury it in a very deep hole for me :D

Back